Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

hudiat

join:2011-10-13
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·WOW Internet and..

Moving - Can't even leave wow without unnecessary hassle.

So I'm moving. Room mate is staying. Billing is setup for me. I'm taking my owned modem with me and returning the WOW DVR and an extra cable card from Tivo.

So can wow just swtich billing to room mate? NO, they need to do 2 orders a disconnect and a reconnect.

Ok, can they just swing by and drop off a modem and pick up the DVR, a whole 2 minute visit? NOPE, they need to schedule a real install and it will be 4 or 5 days.

So they go through this big whole billing system upgrade a while back that broke support for over a month, and they still can't handle this conveniently.

What really p*ssed me off was the fact that I offered to drive to the local office with my room mate, drop off my dvr and card, close my account, and then my room mate can sign up and bring a modem home. NOPE NOPE NOPE, the only way they do it is to send a tech out. So now because it's in my name and I am moving, my room mate can't get service for 4 to 5 days after I cancel because WOW can't handle this for some reason.

Is it really that difficult to change the account holder information? The phone number will even be the same, just the name and social on record need to be changed.

Such a straightforward issue and they can't even do this right. Can we schedule the disconnect and reconnect on the same day? NOPE they have to be set up as 2 different orders and the reconnect can't be scheduled until after the disconnect happens.

Once again, as usual, WOW it's that kind of experience.

mdpeterman

join:2010-10-10
Westerville, OH
I'm running into a very similar issue. Trying to setup service at a new house that has existing WOW service from the prior owner. They won't let me order until they cancel which they won't do until the last day of possession. I'm not waiting a few days for Internet install…
Expand your moderator at work

corinthos

join:2007-10-09
reply to hudiat

Re: Moving - Can't even leave wow without unnecessary hassle.

This happened when my exwife and I got a divorce and she kept the house. I'm pretty sure she just dropped them and went with someone else because it ticked her off so bad.

hudiat

Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·WOW Internet and..
I mean this doesn't seem like it's such a unique issue that they couldn't handle this. Even if they couldn't in the past the major billing system upgrade didn't add this ability to their system?

I'm going to call my local office tomorrow and see if they can do anything, but I take back my offer of driving down there to swap stuff. It's like an hour round trip plus time spent there. If WOW doesn't want to provide the exceptional service and work through such a simple issue, I'll just tell my room mate to make the switch. They don't watch TV and don't need as fast of internet as I had, so they could probably save money getting just Uverse or just time warner internet.

I mean this isn't a complicated issue. All the wiring is in place they literally don't have to do anything but pick up equipment and drop off a modem. I don't understand why they can't just send a tech out, and let us be on the phone with them while the tech is here to take care of it all at once in 5 minutes.

adam1991

join:2012-06-16
Columbus, OH
reply to hudiat
You can leave without any hassle. Take all your hardware to the office on the day of disconnect, and have them shut off your account. Get receipts for your hardware, and for cutting the service off. Done.

No hassle.

Not sure why you say that you "can't even leave wow without unnecessary hassle". You can. Just do it.

Geez.

hudiat

Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·WOW Internet and..
said by adam1991:

You can leave without any hassle. Take all your hardware to the office on the day of disconnect, and have them shut off your account. Get receipts for your hardware, and for cutting the service off. Done.

No hassle.

Not sure why you say that you "can't even leave wow without unnecessary hassle". You can. Just do it.

Geez.

hour round trip and time there when I'm busy trying to move is a hassle. I see 5-10 wow trucks drive by a day, one can surely stop for 2 minutes.

hudiat

Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·WOW Internet and..
reply to hudiat
Just an update if anyone cares. Called local office. They said they would forward my issue to the local billing supervisor. Got call back within 15 minutes, and in 20 minutes everything was setup and ready to go. One truck roll to collect equipment and do an install. They were able to schedule exactly when I wanted instead of giving me a huge window, and everything seems to be going fine with it now.

But seriously, why did it take going out of my way to call the local office (had to find the number from an old PM from WOW Dan, phone numbers are no longer listed online, just addresses, yellow pages and other sites show the generic support number) and deal with a local supervisor for such a simple issue.

What the hell was the point of the major billing system overhaul last year if WOW support STILL can't handle basic things because the system won't let them?

How can you advertise going the extra mile for customers, great support, and then this. This was literally the perfect time for the support person to back that up. Something pretty straight forward, obviously possible as the local person did it, and seems like it should be easy, and instead they blew me off and made me deal with the local people.

In comparison called Time Warner to setup service at the new place, human within 3 minutes, asked for cheaper prices than advertised online, they said yes. Couldn't schedule an install as soon as I would like, they said they would look into it. Call back 10 minutes later, they will be there exactly when I wanted, and it will be a real TW tech not a contractor. So far service seems much better. Let's hope it stays that way.

RootWyrm

join:2011-05-09
Ha. You say that like it's hard to offer better service than WOW does out here these days.

Matt7

join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Insight Communic..

1 recommendation

reply to hudiat
said by hudiat:

What the hell was the point of the major billing system overhaul last year if WOW support STILL can't handle basic things because the system won't let them?

As someone who has done cable support for another major company in the past - What you dealt with is pretty much the norm with how the billing system functions for most cable companies -- your an occupant in the system under an account # (based on your service address) -- and they can't create an order for new services on that address until the old is disconnected and previous fees and equipment for that address paid) .. yes it's a hassle.

Glad to see WOW was willing to work with you and find a solution. You would have ran into a similar situation with TWC if service had been on at the address your moving into.

hudiat

Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·WOW Internet and..

2 edits
There was existing service with time warner. i just explained the lease is officially in my name now and the last tenant is gone. They cancelled his and set up an install.

As for wow. I'm sick of hearing them advertising how great their service, but the defense always be thats standard in the business. Ok then, if they want to be standard stop cramming advertising in my face that says otherwise. I get the disconnect reconnect needs to happen. I dont get why it needed two truck rolls. This was the perfect chance for generic support to prove their advertising. I had a slightly abnormal issue but one that could be worked out. Just schedule the work orders back to back. Instead they blew me off.

there is also no reason to remove the local office phone numbers. How does that provide good service?