how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DSMCasey

join:2004-03-27
Sanger, TX

Sanger, Tx Down 8/24/13

Been down since around 2pm cdt 8/24. Called tech support. Said no issue, restart modem. Tried to tell them there was something wrong. After long time on hold came back and said there was an issue in the area but that it would be fixed within 1-2hrs. That was around 5pm cdt. I hope thats the case

-Casey

DSMCasey

Sanger, TX

Still down,

Called support. They show me as "online" and told me it must be an issue on my end. I scheduled a visit for tues (soonest they had) after hooking up my backup modem and having same issue. I get no upstream channel lock, only downstream. Anyway, outside my home, checking my wires I see my neighbor and he says "hey our net has been down all day, yours workin?" Went to neighbor on other side of me and he has same issue. We are all down. SL says we are up according to their system, but we are alas not

Any techs around that can help!?

moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
kudos:2

The SL people usually only visit the forums Monday-Friday since we're not an official outlet here.

DSMCasey

Sanger, TX
reply to DSMCasey

No one works weekends my family is in full revolt w/o internet!!

DSMCasey

Sanger, TX
reply to moldypickle

Yep, unfortunately, the official channels on weekends are just tech support and they cant seem to help. My neighbors never call SL. So it takes me whining for them to ever dispatch anyone. Most of my neighbors are older or just less nerdy than us

longgone

join:2000-12-30
Culloden, WV

1 edit
reply to DSMCasey

Why don't they make scheduled house calls there on the weekend? SL service technicians have been here on Saturday and Sunday on a couple of different occasions. If they don't provide full-time service, then they should certainly consider that support.
Hang in there.

DSMCasey

Sanger, TX

Went through my attic checking all the cables. Mainly to get away from wife and kids. Didnt find anything out of ordinary. All connections are tight, but reseated them all anyway.

Looking at my modem logs its chock full of T2 and T3 timeouts and modem never gets past upstream ranging.

DSMCasey

Sanger, TX

As of 1 min ago we are up. Have not checked neighbors yet.

DSMCasey

Sanger, TX

Spoke too soon. Down again. Hopefully its them working on it.

DSMCasey

Sanger, TX

Alright, think its fixed for good now. Been up an hour or more straight. Signal levels look great as well.