dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
chgo_man99
join:2010-01-01
Sunnyvale, CA

chgo_man99

In todays times -local address and ph nr necessary?

For out of state job search? Cell phone numbers move with you. Local addresses do not but phone interviews are common nowdays and some use skype/facetime. If you are not working, you can start in 1-2 weeks just like local employed. You can even fly on your own dime with 3 day notice for in person interview if you want to. So my question why most employers are hesitant to give equal chance to non locals as they do to local candidates?
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd

Premium Member

relocation. Sure you can fly out for the interview. But lots of people today cannot uproot and move their stuff across the country. When hiring local they know their potential employee already lives there, If hiring outside local they now have to hope the person they are hiring can get out there in time. Now for me for example being single and all that would be easy outside of the cost of moving, But still if it was a job across the country that would be a long haul to depend on someone to make in time to start.
JackBauer
join:2006-08-24
Schenectady, NY

JackBauer to chgo_man99

to chgo_man99
Biggest benefit for me hiring locals has been retention.

Whether in the US or especially in India... People will work away from their (extended) families, but often look for opportunities to move back.