Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

shenkit

join:2013-08-14

1 edit

[Cable] ridiculous wait time to get modem provisioned

Hi fellow teksavvy users,

My internet went down Aug 12, tech told me my modem (dcm425) is outdated and can't help me unless I get new modem. Aug 13, I bought a new modem (mt130u) and called to activate it. After 10+ days, still no Internet and waiting for modem to be provisioned. When ever I talked to tech, they always tell me to wait another 48 hours.

Does anyone has similar experience?? How long it took your modem to get provisioned?

Thanks

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
Hello,

This is unfortunately not uncommon right now. Rogers has severe delays all we can do is escalate which doesn't get very far.

We are working a few angles to get this rectified ASAP but unfortunately are waiting on Rogers.

shenkit

I have waited 13 days. You guys have to step up and fix this issue. Keep on asking customer to wait indefinitely is very irresponsible.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
We are doing everything possible to get this resolved. We are pushing updates/escalations.

What it comes down to our delays from our vendors. I agree with you its ridiculous!

The Mongoose

join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON
reply to shenkit
said by shenkit:

I have waited 13 days. You guys have to step up and fix this issue. Keep on asking customer to wait indefinitely is very irresponsible.

This is happening to all TPIA providers with Rogers right now. Unless you buy a pre-provisioned modem, you're completely at their mercy, as is TekSavvy. It's a sad state of affairs.

Twiin

join:2002-11-15
Toronto, ON
said by The Mongoose:

This is happening to all TPIA providers with Rogers right now. Unless you buy a pre-provisioned modem, you're completely at their mercy, as is TekSavvy. It's a sad state of affairs.

I got a new modem last week that was supposed to be pre-provisioned from Teksavvy and I'm still offline waiting for Rogers to do whatever, so.

liquidbombs

join:2013-07-12
London, ON
reply to shenkit
My internet went down July 9th and was given the exact same response. I STILL have no internet and they will not give me a time at which my internet will be restored to me.

I have called support over 20 times at over an hour per call and the same thing wait another 48 hours. it's not our fault etc etc etc..

you might be waiting another month who knows.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
I hear ya... It sucks... We can't provide times because we are not getting responses from our vendor!

enzymes

join:2003-11-29
Brampton, ON
is this legal? doesn't the CTRC protect TPIA in someway against Rogers ignoring Teksavvy?

liquidbombs

London, ON
reply to shenkit
the thing is that I have been asked to provide 3 days to wait around and I have done that 4 times now

that's 12 days sitting around waiting with nobody showing up at all. It's not that your not giving me wait times. It's that you are and it's not being met. over and over and over and over again.

enzymes

join:2003-11-29
Brampton, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
I don't know if I can handle that. Did you end up cancelling Teksavvy? I would if I didn't have internet access for over 12 days. I think maybe once Teksavvy starts losing customers... maybe just maybe they'll get the picture and using the excuse that "we sent it off to Rogers/we are escalating the ticket/we are speaking with our account manager at Rogers" isn't going to cut it anymore.

You are buying a service as a paying customer. Neither Teksavvy or Rogers should be allowed to do this. The wait times is completely garbage at Teksavvy. I think I need to update my review of Teksavvy...

liquidbombs

London, ON
reply to shenkit
you know I have no idea why I am still a customer at teksavvy. There really is NO reason for me to continue my service with them. I will give it to the end of the week and if there isn't some sort of resolution it will be my time to part ways

lchen

join:2013-08-26
reply to shenkit
I am in the same boat but have been waiting since August 19. I am a brand new customer just switching over from Rogers and they came to my home on August 19.

Unfortunately, the first modem was a lemon (no lights) so I got another one the same day and asked Teksavvy to put in the Rogers provision request. Teksavvy support has subsequently verified that the modem should be configured correctly and all points to the fact that the only problem is that it needs to be provisioned to work.

It is sad that I have yet to download 1 bit of data as a Teksavvy customer but am already contemplating leaving.

I now regret choosing Teksavvy and I think I will leave Teksavvy if I do not have internet by Thursday. My patience has run thin. I am self-employed and need the internet to work from home in the evenings. I have been tethering using my cell phone but the connection is seriously slow.

shenkit

reply to liquidbombs
Hope I don't have to resort to cancelling teksavvy because that would me my $70 spent on the new modem would go wasted and teksavvy Internet had been good the past 3 years. But I have an internet home phone, can only be with out home phone for so long.

TSI Jonathan
Premium
join:2011-08-24
canada
kudos:10
reply to lchen
Hi Ichen,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience so far. Can you PM me your account information? TSI Jonathan See Profile I would like to look into your account and see where we are standing. Do you know if there was any escalation placed on your account yet? Let's see if I can help speed things up on our vendors side.

thank you,

TSI Jonathan
--
Online Experience Manager
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

ry29

join:2010-05-12
reply to shenkit
Just curious, what was the exact reason they couldn't continue with the 425? Was it because you are on a higher tier than 6/.256?

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33
Any new plan that is 10 megs & above, we are forced to use a Docsis 3 modem.

ry29

join:2010-05-12
Right, I knew that... the question was to the OP as to what (if any) changes he made to cause his internet to go down, and the response being he needed to upgrade.
Because if he is on 6/.256 and it just stopped working, that response is questionable

oceros

join:2013-07-20
St Thomas, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to liquidbombs
said by liquidbombs:

the thing is that I have been asked to provide 3 days to wait around and I have done that 4 times now

that's 12 days sitting around waiting with nobody showing up at all. It's not that your not giving me wait times. It's that you are and it's not being met. over and over and over and over again.

the '3 days' thing isn't when you should wait around. tsi provides that as availability for you but rogers needs to respond and confirm, and tsi would call you to tell you ahead of time when the rogers tech would show up.

no reason to wait around on any of those 12 days unless someone called to say a tech is actually coming on a specific day/time. it's still terrible how much time has gone by for you but if you are waiting around at home that's just needlessly compounding the frustration on your end.

shenkit

reply to ry29
said by ry29:

Just curious, what was the exact reason they couldn't continue with the 425? Was it because you are on a higher tier than 6/.256?

They told me the firmware on my dcm425 is outdated and they can't sent ticket to rogers to fix signal issue if modem is outdated. The tech told me I will have to buy a new modem or they can't fix the signal issue.

shenkit

reply to ry29
said by ry29:

Right, I knew that... the question was to the OP as to what (if any) changes he made to cause his internet to go down, and the response being he needed to upgrade.
Because if he is on 6/.256 and it just stopped working, that response is questionable

I didn't make any changes to my Internet plan. Internet was working fine on Sunday and went down on Monday (Aug 12). I purchased new modem because tech support told me to. To be honest, telling the customer to get new modem because of outdated firmware is ridiculous. They should have updated the modem firmware from their end and dcm425 was their official modem when I joined teksavvy.

liquidbombs

London, ON
I went through the exact same thing, my old Motorola surfboard was out of date, and my modem went offline. I gave in and purchased new modem still no internet.. when rogers tech came out there was a terminator on my line... so there was nothing wrong with my modem at all and I was forced to upgrade. once terminator was removed everything magically worked for less then a week when a new terminator was placed on my line. Now I sit and wait again

Twiin

join:2002-11-15
Toronto, ON
reply to oceros
said by oceros:

the '3 days' thing isn't when you should wait around. tsi provides that as availability for you but rogers needs to respond and confirm, and tsi would call you to tell you ahead of time when the rogers tech would show up.

no reason to wait around on any of those 12 days unless someone called to say a tech is actually coming on a specific day/time. it's still terrible how much time has gone by for you but if you are waiting around at home that's just needlessly compounding the frustration on your end.

My girlfriend stayed home for her install dates earlier this month because no one at Teksavvy told her that those dates were tentative. She called in and said no one from Rogers came, and they apologized for not telling her they were tentative. They gave her a new set of 3 install dates, but never called her to confirm any of them. She left the house, and Rogers came while she was gone. (Her move date was the 1st. She cancelled her install yesterday after nearly a month of trying to get set up. I honestly regret having ever recommended TSI.)

So you kind of do have to wait at home because Teksavvy is dropping the ball all over the place.

shenkit

reply to shenkit
So many people have the similar issue. Tech support can you give us an example of modem that successful activated recently and how long it took?

Wasp

@bell.ca
reply to Twiin
I also have the same problem. My old modem was out of date and I was told that if I bought a new one, I'd have to wait 48 hours to have it provisioned. Fast forward to 12 days and multiple support calls later (with Teksavvy's tremendously long hold times, naturally) and still nothing—still Teksavvy agents telling me "we're getting no response, there's nothing we can do." That's not an excuse, and if I don't get service within the next day or two I will be cancelling and heading elsewhere. It's unfortunate because I support Teksavvy and don't want to have to crawl back to Rogers (which is undoubtedly what their strategy is by seemingly refusing to provision new modems), but at the end of the day if Teksavvy doesn't have a good enough relationship with Rogers to provide people with the services they are paying for, it's not worth being a customer. Sad state of affairs, really.

liquidbombs

London, ON
The kicker is that I am still being sent a bill for almost 2 months of no service, and I am asked to pay it and they will credit me once it's working... which feels like I am being ripped off

shenkit

reply to shenkit
I liked teksavvy as well, used them a little shy of 3 years with no issue and recommend to many friends. But like you said, if internet service is not coming back for me in day or two, I am force to find internet somewhere else. Just wondering if I am to sell the new modem, should I cancel the activation ticket?? (Don't know if activated modem is sellable)

wooi

join:2002-03-11
reply to shenkit
Mine was activated after 10 days without internet. I know it is frustrating but that is the price to pay for going with TPIA. If I want anything changed in my account (different speed, upgrade, etc), I will make sure I have DSL to fall back on in case internet is down for an extended period of time. Lesson learned.

shenkit

said by wooi:

Mine was activated after 10 days without internet. I know it is frustrating but that is the price to pay for going with TPIA. If I want anything changed in my account (different speed, upgrade, etc), I will make sure I have DSL to fall back on in case internet is down for an extended period of time. Lesson learned.

Did you get modem from teksavvy? I have waited 14 days (still waiting) and some people on this thread have waited even longer.

cybersid6

join:2005-11-12
l2l2l2
reply to shenkit
Waiting since 19th, I have a Teksavvy modem. Upgrading to 150 from 28.

Called in today for an update, the CSR was helpful and said to hang on for a couple days. Mississauga location.