spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Datalyss
join:2009-11-15
Crystal Springs, MS

Datalyss

Driver needed for HT1000

Ever since my mom re-installed Windows 7, she has been unable to connect to the 'net. I can't find where to download the correct driver so that Windows sees her HT1000 modem.

Please advise.

gwalk
Premium Member
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

No drivers are involved, other than the driver required for your computers network adopter.
The modems system control center is located at 192.168.0.1
One possabilty is you have your router misconfigured.
Look down this forums list of threads for a networking topic by jacksontech
Datalyss
Crystal Springs, MS

1 edit

Datalyss

Well, SUMTHIN'S different cuz before she re-installed Windows, she wuz connecting fine, and her PC is located where I can't physical get to it, so I can't really check out what's going on.

Anyway, thanx for the info. about Jack's topic. I'll check it out.

Also, I downloaded the manual for the HT1000 yesterday. Maybe that'll help.

gwalk
Premium Member
West Mich.

gwalk to Datalyss

Premium Member

to Datalyss
Here is a link to jacksontech's networking FAQ:
»[Networking] HughesNet Networking FAQ

Remember the modem is going to take the 192.168.0.1 address.
If your running a router that defaults to the same address you are going to have issues.
Is she trying to connect wired or wirelessly ?

anonanominom
@verizon.net

anonanominom to Datalyss

Anon

to Datalyss
so her hughes worked fine....the she reinstalled windows.....hughes no longer works......correct?

as you mentioned she reinstalled windows....typically a reinstall of windows especially on dell machines, the network card drivers get missed.

she will need to reinstall/update drivers for the network card, then she will automatically see the hughes connection again.
Datalyss
Crystal Springs, MS

1 edit

Datalyss

said by anonanominom :

so her hughes worked fine....the she reinstalled windows.....hughes no longer works......correct?

Correct.

gwalk
Premium Member
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

Wired or wireless ?
Have you looked in Device Manager to see if all drivers are installed ?

Can you see the Modems internal SSC by entering 192.168.0.1 in a browsers address bar ?

If wireless have you tried to connect to a network ?
What encryption type ?

So far you haven't provided much info other than "It Used To Work And Now It Don't".

So, answer the questions listed.
Datalyss
Crystal Springs, MS

1 edit

Datalyss

Well, like I said, it's my mom's PC, and it's in a location that I can't physically get to. To get to her computer room, I would need to negotiate 6 steps...not possible for a wheelchair.

And, to be honest, her hardware knowledge is rather limited. My step-dad does know a bunch tho., but in this instance, he's stumped too.

I do know her PC is connected to the modem via ethernet cable.

gwalk
Premium Member
West Mich.

gwalk to Datalyss

Premium Member

to Datalyss
Well, OK. I can understand you have an access issue.
However, without somehow, someone performing some type of follow up, you really have no more than just a posted statement that it doesn't work with no way to proceed.

As a start, as somebody: is this a wired connection ?
That is to say a cat5 cable running between to computer and the modem.
or:
Is this a wired connection between the computer and a router and then connected to the modem.

Or is this a wireless connection to a router (what brand)

But after a reload of the OS somebody first needs to look in Device Manager to verify that all the drivers have been loaded.
Datalyss
Crystal Springs, MS

Datalyss

As I said, her Dell Inspiron Zino HD PC is connected to her Hughes Network Systems HT1000 Satellite Modem via ethernet cable. Wouldn't that be a wired connection?

I'll ask her about the DM, and get back to you.

gwalk
Premium Member
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

Yes, that indeed would be a wired connection.
And I take you to mean there is no router involved, this is a direct connection between Computer and Modem.
Are all 5 of the LEDs on the Modem lite ? at this point especially the very top one (LAN).

Very well may be a NIC driver. focus on the DM.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926 to Datalyss

to Datalyss
Next time or if your able to ever get in where her pc is at.. navigate to here: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Device Manager (you may need to make things easier to help find it) so scroll to right top corner of the window in control panel and click on the square box next to "view as" no change that option from category to large icons then you should see it.

If its windows 7 she has installed then the ethernet divers "should" be already there but outdatted but should be still good enough.

I'm guessing you can't access a computer that has connection.. If so then try this program: »www.dropbox.com/s/e8r8xu ··· ller.exe install and let it check all the specs of the pc then copy everything that is under "Main Circuit Board" and post it here, DO NOT post anything else cause that page has info that just should'nt be posted here.. As soon as you give the main circuitry description, i will then look to see if i can find the drivers for the ethernet.
Datalyss
Crystal Springs, MS

Datalyss

I've done I can to help. It's up to them now. Anyway, she DOES have 'net access via her other devices. And she's always welcome to use my PC if necessary.

gwalk
Premium Member
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

Just have her follow:
Start> hover over COMPUTER, right click on that, select PROPERTIES
In the box that opens, upper left, click on DEVICE MANAGER
in the box that opens, go down the list and find the heading NETWORK ADOPTERS.
see the driver status Ethernet controller.
If a driver is not installed write down the manufacures name and its model number. Post is here and we will help ypu find and install the driver
Datalyss
Crystal Springs, MS

Datalyss

Ok, I'll print yer post, and show it to her when she gets home, but it's up to her as to what to do.

BTW, it's adApters, not adOpters.

gwalk
Premium Member
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

BTW, it's adApters, not adOpters.

I stand corrected
Datalyss
Crystal Springs, MS

Datalyss

Sorry it's taking so long. If I could physically access my mom's PC, you'd have the info. by now.

Incidentally, if no driver is installed, how is she supposed to get the manufacturer's name, and the model # from the Device Manager? Mine does even list my adapter's model #.

If it helps, her PC is a Dell Inspiron Zino HD connected to an HT1000 HughesNet modem (no router) via an Ethernet cable.
C0RR0SIVE
join:2012-06-19
Salvisa, KY

C0RR0SIVE

Not hard to find, simple google search for "Dell Inspiron Zino HD Drivers"

»www.dell.com/support/dri ··· -zino-hd

Tell her to get a flash drive (512MB would be more than enough space), go to a place with internet, download the Broadcom LOM drivers under networking, make sure she picked the correct OS at the top as well, and put the installer on the flash drive. Take flash drive home, pop in, install the driver package, reboot the machine, and she should be good to go.

If she doesn't wanna do that, then tell her to cough the cash up, and take it to a shop, as all we can do is point you to downloads, and tell you what should/can be done.

gwalk
Premium Member
West Mich.

gwalk to Datalyss

Premium Member

to Datalyss
Device Manager should provide enough info. If need be you could also download and install Belarc Advisor for more detailed hardware information.
Find out if she has the 32 or 64 bit version of Windows installed as the drivers may be different.
Datalyss
Crystal Springs, MS

Datalyss

said by gwalk:

If need be you could also download and install Belarc Advisor for more detailed hardware information.

Didn't think of that. I'll put my copy on the CD I made for her, tell her to install BA, print out the report, how me, and then I'll get back to you.

gwalk
Premium Member
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

Great.
Remember to note if 32 or 64 bit OS.
I quick Google search says two drivers but sometimes in mid-production run a manufacturer will change hardware venders so its best to try and narrow it down.