spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

alig

join:2013-08-25

[Outages] Customer since 2010 - No internet since Aug. 16

First of all, I didn't want to sign up on yet another site but it seems like this is where the action is.

I love supporting small companies and I've been with Teksavvy for over 3 years. They've been pretty good...with the occasional 1-2hr outage here and there. I know and understand that Teksavvy use rogers/bell infrastructure. I get that.

However, the way Teksavvy is handling this outage is absolutely ridiculous. I've yet to get an email or any other form of direct communication about the status of the outage. If you're running a tech service and you can't tell which customer is online/offline then that's a shame. If you have a contract with Rogers and no SLA then you shouldn't be reselling their service.

All I want is a simple email that says, hello customer, we're experiencing a major outage in your area.

For example:
- Day one, Failed dhcp server and we're waiting on IBM to ship a replacement.
- Few days later, we're install the server
- Hours later, please reboot your modem.

At least that way I can make the necessary accommodations during the downtime.

This is day 10, on day 14 I will cancel my service. No choice but to go back to rogers.

I'm just giving my feedback.

nbinont

join:2011-03-13
kudos:2
Can you describe where you think the problem lies? Is the modem synced? What do the modem stats look like? are you getting an IP address to your router?

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to alig
Hello AliG,

Can you please post your info on the direct forum. Ticket escalations should be hitting a group that provides regular update and I'd like to know why it didn't for your case.

Once done, can you please let me know?

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5

1 recommendation

reply to alig
Not saying that isn't right but just letting you know, there have been a lot of maintenance activity on Rogers side so you may still experience occasional outages during the day with them and they don't even inform their own support reps either.

rogersmogers

@start.ca
reply to alig
said by alig:

If you're running a tech service and you can't tell which customer is online/offline then that's a shame. If you have a contract with Rogers and no SLA then you shouldn't be reselling their service.

All I want is a simple email that says, hello customer, we're experiencing a major outage in your area.

For example:
- Day one, Failed dhcp server and we're waiting on IBM to ship a replacement.
- Few days later, we're install the server
- Hours later, please reboot your modem.

There is no way in hell to monitor each persons connection see if it is online/offline. If you have a method that supports 100,000's of customers by all means post it but please don't suggest such silly things.

Also #1 rule is not to send out mass communications about outages because what it does is causes panic and both people who are/are not having a outage, who think they are having a outage or who just want credits start flooding the call centre and then those with legit issues cannot get someone on the phone.

Also with cable there is no way to know what customer is in what area to send out such a email and you cannot send it to all your customers due to the above reasons.
Expand your moderator at work

alkizmo

join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC
kudos:1
reply to alig

Re: [Outages] Customer since 2010 - No internet since Aug. 16

So OP seems to state that he has never contacted TSI to inform them that something's wrong. Instead he waits for "something" to happen by itself.

Nice...

You know, Alig, if a squirrel chewed through your cable line, TSI or Rogers won't know.