spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

xenokai7

join:2005-08-29

Question about AT&T ADSL service stations.

Im moving soon and today I went and looked around at the residence im moving to. I noticed that there is a telephone work station? right next door nearly right on the land of the house im moving to and when driving by I noticed a smaller box beside it that says ADSL on it as well as some other things i forgot exactly. I think it may have said spun or spool or somthing like that as well as a few more words i cant remember.

Anyway my question is does anyone know what this box is? Also do you think its a good indication the ill be able to get DSL since its close by? The avaibility on the site shows up to 6mb normal dsl being avaible "not uverse". But i know those checks arent 100%

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:3

Is it possible for you to post some photographs of these items? Adding in the city and nearest intersection of two streets might also help.

xenokai7

no photos of my own, but i think the box that had the DSL word swritten on it looked like the box seen on the right of this picture i found on the net.... »img200.imageshack.us/img200/9826/dslam.jpg

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:3

Well, I have never seen a remote DSLAM with a electric company meter on top of it in central Georgia. But where you are moving to they might do it differently.

I cannot tell what that box is.

xenokai7

well it doesnt have the electric box on it. I believe it had the word spence on it but im not sure.

whamel
billhamel .net
Premium
join:2002-05-09
Hinsdale, IL
kudos:10
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·AT&T U-Verse
·Comcast
reply to xenokai7

said by xenokai7:

no photos of my own, but i think the box that had the DSL word swritten on it looked like the box seen on the right of this picture i found on the net.... »img200.imageshack.us/img200/9826/dslam.jpg

Thats a U-Verse VRAD. I have the same exact looking one across the street. And I have U-Verse. It is a remote terminal where fiber is run from the central office, terminates at that box, and from the VRAD to your house is a copper run. They use VDSL2+ on the copper...
heres info on VDSL2+...
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Very-high-···r_line_2

BUT basically it means you may qualify for U-Verse services!
--
Bill - Hinsdale, IL - »www.billhamel.net