Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

k2rj
Premium
join:2005-03-24
Cape Canaveral, FL

BHTV Rocks!

I didn't think I would ever use it, but we had to remediate after a mini-flood in the condo and the living room TV was unhearable due to the roar of several blowers and dehumidifiers. So, I took the laptop out on the patio and we were able to watch via BHTV. I was quite impressed with the quality except that Silverlight would start buffering every minute or so after watching for 20-30 minutes. After refreshing the browser page it would usually be OK, but a few times I had to close and restart the browser.
What would be really nice would be the ability to watch our recorded shows off the DVR through it... but that's asking for a lot!

kdwycha

join:2003-01-30
Riverview, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
It is cool isnt it? I have an HD box here at my desk which I use to watch TV with the sound off on my second monitor while working. Now I can get rid of that and save 8 bucks a month

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:153
reply to k2rj
Want to watch two games at once? Open two browser windows with BHTV

kdwycha

Riverview, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
said by BHNtechXpert:

Want to watch two games at once? Open two browser windows with BHTV

I just tried that in chrome and it isnt working. I opened one window with NATGEO HD and another with CNNHD and I can play both for like 10 seconds then one or the other pauses.

If I hit play on CNN window NatGeo pauses and vise versa.

Any idea how to fix?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:153
reply to k2rj
Wireless?

kdwycha

Riverview, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
said by BHNtechXpert:

Wireless?

No I am hard wired to the network at home. I tried it also in internet explorer with same issue where when you start one stream the other stops.

kdwycha

Riverview, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
said by kdwycha:

said by BHNtechXpert:

Wireless?

No I am hard wired to the network at home. I tried it also in internet explorer with same issue where when you start one stream the other stops.

I thought maybe it was a video card issue so I tried it on a different PC. First PC was Windows 7 Ultimate with an intel graphics card and had issues with 2 streams. 2nd PC is a mack daddy modern PC with fancy new nvidia card and windows 8 and same issue.