Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

retired17
Premium
join:2007-01-24
Anaheim, CA

[General] Using an unlocked Verizon Samsung S3 4G LTE on T-Mobil

I have an unlocked Verizon 4G LTE cellphone that states it can be used in Europe by swapping the Verizon sim card with a local sim card. Since Europe uses the GSM network, can I replace the sim card in my Verizon phone with a T-Mobile sim card and just use the voice network? I don't care about mobile data so I would have that turned off. I'm thinking if I am in a location with poor Verizon coverage, I can change the sim card and use T-Mobile.

tdumaine
Premium
join:2004-03-14
Seattle, WA

Re: [General] Using an unlocked Verizon Samsung S3 4G LTE on T-M

Yes, and data will work also

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA
kudos:3
reply to retired17
I would think finding a place where Verizon coverage is poor and T-Mobile's is good is going to be a hard thing to accomplish.
--
"I drank what?" -Socrates

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
kudos:2
said by pflog:

I would think finding a place where Verizon coverage is poor and T-Mobile's is good is going to be a hard thing to accomplish.

Very true... I think having T-Mobile service with VZW as a backup (for anytime you're off major thoroughfares) would be more likely!!

patt2k

join:2009-01-16
kudos:1
reply to retired17
I was wondering the same thing will verizon factory unlock the S3? after the jellybean update?

I have it also rooted I wanna give it to someone in Europe as a gift. Thanks guys!

tdumaine
Premium
join:2004-03-14
Seattle, WA
said by patt2k:

I was wondering the same thing will verizon factory unlock the S3? after the jellybean update?

I have it also rooted I wanna give it to someone in Europe as a gift. Thanks guys!

its already unlocked. any vzw lte device has NO sim lock on it. Ive said it before on other posts.

patt2k

join:2009-01-16
kudos:1
reply to retired17
Thanks I wanted to make sure.