Rick4769

join:2012-11-21
Buffalo, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit

[HD] FIOS New Install for triple play--Questions

Each condo on our street was installed for FIOS last week. A small box was placed in each of the units and FIOS lines laid in each condo. How long will it take before I can order FIOS triple play? Are there any special deals that are attractive for new customers? Do I have to sign a contract? Will my bill be lower than the $185.00 I pay a month to TWC? I currently have been a TWC customer for over 8 years and like their lineup. The only channels that I would like to have are WGN-America, Pentagon Channel, Military History Channel and EPIX. I will miss TCM-HD carried by TWC.

The crew that installed FIOS cable and the small box really couldn't give me an answer or timetable.

bluepoint

join:2001-03-24
You can check the offerings and availability from »www.verizon.com/?lid=//global//residential or call 800-837-4966.

More Fiber
Premium,MVM
join:2005-09-26
West Chester, PA
kudos:32
reply to Rick4769
said by Rick4769:

How long will it take before I can order FIOS triple play?

Once the fiber is pulled to your unit, you should be able to order pretty quickly. Could be anywhere from a few days to a few weeks, depending on whether they've finished construction.
said by Rick4769:

Are there any special deals that are attractive for new customers?

Generally yes. Check the VZ web site.
said by Rick4769:

Do I have to sign a contract?

No. A contract does offer lower prices though.
said by Rick4769:

Will my bill be lower than the $185.00 I pay a month to TWC?

No way to answer that. It depends on what you order. What internet speed tier? What TV package? How many and what kind of STBs?
--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

lijacobs

join:2010-07-30
Lawrence, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Rick4769
said by Rick4769:

Will my bill be lower than the $185.00 I pay a month to TWC?

Be sure to find out how much you will be paying per month after all of your sign-up incentives have expired. Far too many readers of this group get angry when they get their >REAL bill after they have had the service for a year and accuse VZ of cheating them. Tell the rep that you speak to that you want to know the amount of the total bill including all taxes and fees and excluding all incentives.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to Rick4769
Just to clarify your question about contracts as it varies depending on location. In my area (Central Jersey) they offer visa debit cards upto $400 for locking in a two year contract. The monthly price (non contract) is the same as the contractual 2 year price but of course no Visa card.

Rick4769

Buffalo, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon FiOS
Currently with TWC, I have 50/5 internet, HBO, Cinemax ($5.00 each per month for a year), Sports Pass $8.99, Movie Pass $5.99 (includes Encore) and all the rest of the digital and HD channels.
Also have TWC phone service for unlimited calling in the USA and Canada.

I was hoping to get 150/25 internet and similar packages for TV and phone for less than $185.00 which includes taxes.

patt2k

join:2009-01-16
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Rick4769
depends which speeds you go with.

if you get TV+Net 15/5 is like 25/5 I think or 25/8 , 50/25 is 58/38 75/35 is 84/38 etc..

I have double play 75/35 + Prime HD + Cable Card after taxes and fees 100.11$
if you get triple play I assume for same service you would pay about 5-10$ more due to taxes.

Rick4769

Buffalo, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon FiOS
I also have one Cisco HD DVR box in my living room as well as a Scientific Atlanta HD in my bedroom. I have a landline phone through TWC but I do have a wireless phone through Verizon. Will they bundle the wireless phone along with TV, Internet and landline phone?

Also, does Verizon have the capacity to add more new HD channels to their respective lineup?