spc
Search similar:

uniqs
UnderLoK
join:2001-07-19
Dearborn, MI

UnderLoK

Ultra DHCP Stuck Disabled

I disabled DHCP on the Arris and fired up DHCP on my wireless router. This was about a week ago and now I can no longer enable DHCP on the device because it's grayed out... I did try manually checking the checkbox by passing a checked="true", but it just complains that the scope is wrong (even though it's correct).

Sure I get disabling the option to turn off DHCP as the average Joe can easy screw things up, but I'm not the average Joe. It's bad enough Ultra network operates on a 10. now so we can't run these in bridge mode, but at least let me manage my own forking network.

Anyways, does anyone know a way to re-enable DHCP? Long story short the ASUS AC66R uses the DNS you enter as secondary to its own in the DHCP scope with no option to override its entry so I might as well just use DHCP from the Arris, but I can't re-enable the stupid thing.

Thanks all
Body Count
join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH
Netgear CM1000
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter ER-4
Ubiquiti U6-Pro

Body Count

I think DHCP needs to be on for your remote boxes to communicate with your main box. I remember WOW_Dan say that in an older thread. If you have another router, it must be in bridge or AP mode or it won't work. DHCP must be off on your router. Only your WOW gateway can assign IP's.

ClockerXP
join:2001-05-24
Sterling Heights, MI
Netgear CM2050V
Netgear CM500V
Netgear C7100V

ClockerXP

Correct, DHCP needs to be enabled on the Gateway because it assign's IP addresses to your Media Players. Not totally sure how you can fix what you did other than completely reset the Gateway but maybe if you disable DHCP on your router you will regain the option of turning it on again in the Gateway.
CSkaryd
join:2013-05-01

CSkaryd to UnderLoK

to UnderLoK
I believe if you use Google Chrome, you can right-click on the little question mark bubble next to the checkbox for DHCP and say Inspect Element. You can then remove the "disabled=disabled" from the checkbox a line or two up from the selected line. (Double click the tag to be removed and it will become editable.) It should then allow you to check the box and hit Apply, thus re-enabling the DHCP server.

(I'm working from memory here, so the steps may not be exact.)
UnderLoK
Dearborn, MI

UnderLoK

That is what I was referring to when I said " I did try manually checking the checkbox by passing a checked="true", but it just complains that the scope is wrong (even though it's correct)." I passed a checkmark to it, but it complained that the scope was wrong, but it wasn't >.
CSkaryd
join:2013-05-01

CSkaryd

correct html would be checked="checked", not checked="true" so might give that a shot. But just removing the disabled portion should allow you to check the box and submit.
UnderLoK
Dearborn, MI

UnderLoK

Maybe it was checked="checked", I passed whatever it was the PNP section was using. Either way that didn't work as it complains about the scope, but I'll try deleting it once my modem comes back up. We have been in an outage since the same time yesterday.

If this stupid AC66R router didn't make up one of its DNS entries on its own this wouldn't even be an issue

Bill_MI
Bill In Michigan
MVM
join:2001-01-03
Royal Oak, MI
TP-Link Archer C7
Linksys WRT54GS
Linksys WRT54G v4

Bill_MI to UnderLoK

MVM

to UnderLoK
Just a quick thought. The Arris may disable the setting if it detects another DHCP server on the network and this detection may be only during initialization.

Reset the Arris with no other DHCP server present and see what happens. It MAY even enable it in this "I know better" world.

Sorry if you already covered this, I'm lazy today.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan to UnderLoK

Premium Member

to UnderLoK
said by UnderLoK:

I disabled DHCP on the Arris and fired up DHCP on my wireless router. This was about a week ago and now I can no longer enable DHCP on the device because it's grayed out... I did try manually checking the checkbox by passing a checked="true", but it just complains that the scope is wrong (even though it's correct).

Sure I get disabling the option to turn off DHCP as the average Joe can easy screw things up, but I'm not the average Joe. It's bad enough Ultra network operates on a 10. now so we can't run these in bridge mode, but at least let me manage my own forking network.

Anyways, does anyone know a way to re-enable DHCP? Long story short the ASUS AC66R uses the DNS you enter as secondary to its own in the DHCP scope with no option to override its entry so I might as well just use DHCP from the Arris, but I can't re-enable the stupid thing.

Thanks all

Are you still experiencing this issue or were you able to resolve it with steps others have listed?
UnderLoK
Dearborn, MI

UnderLoK

No it didn't work, but the box died anyways (after the outage it bit it). On my 2nd one in as many weeks (although both installers went through 2 or 3 of them to find working ones), but hopefully that's the end of my issues.