spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Keefer21

join:2012-07-06
Hilton, NY

Time Warner home phone call blocking question.

Hello all

due to the recycling of number's im getting all kinds of debt collection calls for the previous subscriber with my number & telling these agencies we are not who they are looking for doesn't help & using selective call blocking is not working because then the collectors just call from a different number.

is there a way i can block entire area codes or exchanges? I tried putting 800-XXX-XXX. that didnt work. tried 800-000-0000.

any help would be great. im tired of having to switch numbers!

OSUGoose

join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH
have it block anon/block numbers, and just keep adding numbers you don't want, eventually they give up.

dcurrey
Premium
join:2004-06-29
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Cincinnati Bell
·ViaTalk
reply to Keefer21
Don't count on it!

They offered us the is state for free when we signed up. Got tones of calls for debt collections. Seems thats the numbers they like to recycle. Well since we already had cheap 3rd party voip I just unplugged the line. Checked it about year later and still its getting slammed.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Keefer21
I got lucky with my twc home phone number as I don't get any calls on it at all, other than me calling home. I have it listed as private and the annonymous call rejection on it too, so maybe that helps.
--
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Sir Winston Churchill

atcotr

@rr.com
reply to Keefer21
This is one of the reasons why I switched to 3rd party VoIP. My provider has a very powerful call blocking settings page »wiki.voip.ms/article/CallerID_Filtering

Keefer21

join:2012-07-06
Hilton, NY
reply to Keefer21
Thanks for all the replies. i guess ill have to just add numbers one at a time until time Warner institutes more blocking features.