spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tekrogersvs

@teksavvy.com

[Cable] I sometimes complain about Teksavvy's service...

I sometime complain about Teksavvy's service too... wait times when I call the help desk,30+mins... wait times when they send a ticket to Rogers,24+hours... uneducated guesses from some of the support people(slow speeds= computer issue... then an outage report a few days later, stating all customers have been having issues for weeks)

But it helps me put things into perspective when I talk to people who are with Rogers..who pay the outrageous monthly bills for a very limited connection. Who are afraid of using netflix or youtube too much because they may exceed their tiny little quota...Rogers caps and pricing is outrageous.

And frankly, I'll take friendly and honest, sometimes slow, good service provided for a good price with good intentions ---over a company that constantly tries new ways to reduce the quality of the service, reduce the caps, and increase the price... Rogers is well marketed BS and teksavvy is a small company and I truly believe most of their employees are doing their best.

my 2 cents.

back2rogers

@rogers.com
Whatever. At least with rogers you can call into retentions and get some good deals. Almost everyone I know that has rogers and is even somewhat techsavvy (no pun) has a better internet deal than the ones you see advertise. Plus for 10 bucks extra you can get unlimited bandwidth if you have 3 of thoeir services. I got teksavvy to avoid these retention calls and because of my dislike for rogers. But if we are going to get this garbage from teksavvy it may be worth going back.

Sorry for block of text. Writing on my phone because I dont have any god dam internet.

back2rogers

@rogers.com
reply to tekrogersvs
Whatever. At least with rogers you can call into retentions and get some good deals. Almost everyone I know that has rogers and is even somewhat techsavvy (no pun) has a better internet deal than the ones you see advertise. Plus for 10 bucks extra you can get unlimited bandwidth if you have 3 of thoeir services. I got teksavvy to avoid these retention calls and because of my dislike for rogers. But if we are going to get this garbage from teksavvy it may be worth going back.

Sorry for block of text. Writing on my phone because I dont have any god dam internet.

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
reply to tekrogersvs
I couldn't care less about retentions. If these companies were trying to do you a favor they would offer decent service and decent pricing without any games or gimmicks. Yay for those 2 times a year price increases and I'm sure they'll work towards that being 3 times a year soon enough. Rogers is such a slime ball company.

vincom

join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Anveo
·TekSavvy Cable

1 edit
reply to back2rogers
retentions? it seems like if you have multiple services then yes you have to call and see what kind of deal u can get, I don't have any services from the big three except for cell on rogers which does not qualify, so for me its not worth paying for 2 more services to get more bandwidth for internet from robbers or bhell, never mind trying to fiqure out the bill from them every month, I don't have any connection issues on tsi so im staying put. if I did I would give tsi every chance to resolve it, if that drags on w/no resolution then I would try start.ca

MJB

join:2012-01-29
this is a trap... what will happen is that rogers and bell are playing games.... they want people to leave teksavvy and iisp's so they can bankrupt them... then they will stop offering unlimited... rogers is putting tpia at last priority.!!

tlsrulz

join:2008-04-01
reply to tekrogersvs
I like how rogers "gives" you a deal if you have more 2 or more services.. but the reason I dont have more services is I dont have time to watch (commercial filled) Rogers TV.. I much prefer to just go to the networks sites.. ctv, city, nbc, abc and just stream the shows I want when I want.. hence why I need a good internet connection with reasonable bandwidth.

fshafique

join:2010-02-08
canada
reply to tekrogersvs
Well Teksavvy is the lesser of the many evils (Bell, Rogers, etc), probably partly because they have to deal with those evils.

My frustration with Rogers was the pricing and their semi-threatening calls when I went over their unspecified bandwidth limits. I got out from under Bell because

But, with Teksavvy, it's their helplessness when it comes to dealing with Rogers and Bell. "We are trying to resolve the situation with Rogers" isn't as helpful as:

1 - Called Rogers, ATPIA divison at 9:00am.
- Scarlett POI is up.
- Dupont POI is scheduled for tomorrow.
- Technicians currently working on Bloor POI. Expected fix within 1hr.
- Followup call scheduled for 1:00pm.

2 - Called Rogers, ATPIA division at 1:05pm.
- Bloor POI fix delayed. Expected fix by 5pm.
- Dupont POI still scheduled for tomorrow.
- Followup call scheduled for 5:00pm.

And second of all, if you had to balance out phone helpfulness vs phone wait times, I think I would prefer shorter wait times. No offense to the phone operators, but sometimes they're a little too helpful (and slightly talkative) and I feel guilty for hogging the phone lines from someone else that would be better served.

Just my 2 cents.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
It would be nice if they could actually call someone at Rogers. They can't, as far as we're told. Everything is by email tickets...
--

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
When they do try to call someone, they are told ... use the process, submit the tickets.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa
reply to fshafique
Obviously not as helpful, but Rogers won't provide, not even to their own customers.

fshafique

join:2010-02-08
canada
reply to tekrogersvs
Well, what's TekSavvy doing about demanding a better process of reporting and being informed of activity by Rogers? Has TekSavvy logged any complaints with the CRTC about failures and disappointments in the process of dealing with Rogers?

liquidbombs

join:2013-07-12
London, ON
reply to tekrogersvs
right now if you call rogers and tell them your getting terrible service from teksavvy, they will match the price and bandwidth you have now.

Give them a call and ask and we can all avoid this horrible service.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa
Then you can have Rogers terrible service for a while and remember why you went to TekSavvy in the first place!

fshafique ... any comments they make in a public forum may have a negative impact on negotiations.

tek121212

join:2013-07-27
Rogers at least gave me credits, so far nothing on that front from Teksavvy.

tek121212

join:2013-07-27
Just look at the sad state of their twitter support.
»twitter.com/search?q=%40TekSavvyCSR&src=typd

Hours of dead air.

Heck even the TTC with @TTChelps handily puts them to shame.

wasHighwire

@teksavvy.com
reply to tekrogersvs
said by tekrogersvs :

I sometime complain about Teksavvy's service too... wait times when I call the help desk,30+mins... wait times when they send a ticket to Rogers,24+hours... uneducated guesses from some of the support people(slow speeds= computer issue... then an outage report a few days later, stating all customers have been having issues for weeks)

But it helps me put things into perspective when I talk to people who are with Rogers..who pay the outrageous monthly bills for a very limited connection. Who are afraid of using netflix or youtube too much because they may exceed their tiny little quota...Rogers caps and pricing is outrageous.

And frankly, I'll take friendly and honest, sometimes slow, good service provided for a good price with good intentions ---over a company that constantly tries new ways to reduce the quality of the service, reduce the caps, and increase the price... Rogers is well marketed BS and teksavvy is a small company and I truly believe most of their employees are doing their best.

my 2 cents.

That's easy for you for say right now, because you aren't mired in the fustercluck that is TSI's sorry current state of affairs. TSI and/or Rogers screwed up my speed change - 28/1 to 25/2 instead of 35/3 that I signed up for on August 6. Today is the 26th, and I haven't heard anything from them since the 22nd (after more than an hour on hold), and the problem has not yet been fixed. Even a simple "we are aware of your particular issue and are working on it" would be nice. E-mail to tech support and sales are ignored, hold times on the phone are off the chart. It's ridiculous. I have been a strong advocate of them since I signed up in 2006. Now that my patience is 100% gone, my opinion has changed 180 degrees and I will strongly urge my friends and family to look elsewhere.

shibbiness

join:2012-10-28
Mississauga, ON
reply to sbrook
In the 5 years or so I had rogers internet before teksavvy I didn't have any major problema with service. My internet had never gone Down as long ad my teksavvy has been this week
I switched to teksavvy because of cheaper prices and more bandwith mainly. And also for a general dislike of Rogers. But all that has really gone to shit now hasnt it.

-edit can't type for the life of me on my phone.

billco

join:2011-02-11
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to wasHighwire
said by wasHighwire :

E-mail to tech support and sales are ignored, hold times on the phone are off the chart. It's ridiculous. I have been a strong advocate of them since I signed up in 2006. Now that my patience is 100% gone, my opinion has changed 180 degrees and I will strongly urge my friends and family to look elsewhere.

Same here. It still feels weird to leave TSI after promoting the tar out of them for so many years, but this year has been hell for me. Weekly downtime, overloaded support, huge slowdowns in the evenings, and ATPIA only made things worse. As much as I admire Marc for his direct involvement here on DSLr, and the impact his company has made on the TPIA landscape, my patience has also run out. The fact that my friend living 10km away has flawless service while mine is in the dumps makes me wonder: what's wrong with my POI, and why can't TSI fix it once and for all ? The internet is my meal ticket and I just can't keep waiting for things to kinda sorta maybe improve.

I jumped ship over to Start.ca, just got my new set up working today, and man, it feels like "old" Teksavvy again. Fast, friendly, affordable. It's a strange feeling and I guess I'm a dork for admitting it...

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
On the plus side, you didn't give up on TPIA's and crawl back to the big bad incumbents. So thats good. Who's to know maybe down the road you'll return to TekSavvy one day when the dust settles.

We TPIA's and CNOC members gotta stick together
--

!- From the mind located in the shadows of infinity -!
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = @TwiztedZero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

billco

Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
said by TwiztedZero:

We TPIA's and CNOC members gotta stick together

Yes, yes we do. And I do look forward to the day I can whole-heartedly recommend TSI cable again. I get that these are transitional pains. Hopefully the CRTC can get off RoBeLus' [censored] and give TPIAs more direct control over their customer's experience, and more accountability from the incumbents.

AC77

join:2013-08-23
Mississauga, ON
reply to billco
How long did it take you to flip over to start.ca?

Just checked there packages and its looking tempting

slvrsi

join:2009-09-08
Yes - interesting proposition. However; are they affected? It seems not but I would like to be sure before doing anything..

liquidbombs

join:2013-07-12
London, ON
reply to tekrogersvs
yeah I am interested in switching to start.ca if wait times are better then 6 weeks

billco

Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to AC77
said by AC77:

How long did it take you to flip over to start.ca?

Just checked there packages and its looking tempting

I ordered it on the 16th, the cable tech was here on Saturday and I received my modem in the mail today - 10 calendar days all told.

They waive the $50 installation fee if you're transferring, but I chose to install it side-by-side with the TSI modem so I paid the fee. I wanted a safety net in case the dates didn't work out as I'm dead in the water if I have no connection.

AC77

join:2013-08-23
Mississauga, ON
Thanks for the reply and info.

Looks like 10 days regardless. Even with just flipping my cable Internet to them. But I get to still use my sb6121 and the upload options on their packages are looking good.

KC_

join:2013-06-10
North York, ON
Not so sure if switching to Start will improve things in a long run, it looks like Rogers has a hard-on for all the TPIA providers, not only TekSavvy, we need to do something to get our voices heard by CRTC, hopefully TS is compiling a shit list of issues to present to CRTC..
see here: »[INTERNET] Start communications no internet for 5 days

slvrsi

So the answer is back to DSL? i hate installation fees....

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
reply to KC_
This isn't just about TPIA providers. The network upgrades affect Rogers customers too.

slvrsi

Any threads/complaints that we know of in L5x for Rogers??