share rss forum feed

rudnicke
Premium
join:2004-10-23
Rantoul, IL
kudos:4

2 recommendations

[OT] Mediacom Facebook page

The folks over at the Mediacom facebook page are being ripped a new one over these enforced caps.

alphapointe
Don't Touch Me
Premium,MVM
join:2002-02-10
Columbia, MO
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Socket Internet ..

Well deserved. I have people at home bitching at me about it (I'm the in-house internet tech). I'm working on other options for internet (Socket dedicated metro-E is top of my list). Mediacom is about to lose a $5k/mo contract for this lame bullshit, as we'll most likely drop TV for another provider as well...
--
"When the hammer drops, the bullshit stops"

CappinHoff

join:2007-01-05
Des Moines, IA

Caps are coming to every ISP, it's just a matter of when. Since most already have them, it's more a "when" they'll start to enforce them.

MediaCon

@mchsi.com

said by CappinHoff:

Caps are coming to every ISP, it's just a matter of when. Since most already have them, it's more a "when" they'll start to enforce them.

I imagine a day when they will phase them out. loss of revenue will eventually rule the day i would think.
Get us hooked on speed an unlimited then yank the proverbial rug out from under us.
As more and more items use data i just can't imagine this will last. Could be wrong, have been before.

tsduke
Premium
join:2006-03-04
Waterloo, IA

1 recommendation

reply to CappinHoff

Yes, but even comcast has higher caps then Mediacom is putting in place.

alphapointe
Don't Touch Me
Premium,MVM
Columbia, MO
Reviews:
·Socket Internet ..
reply to CappinHoff

said by CappinHoff:

Which is why we're looking at metro-e... it's expensive, but it's our pipe to do with as we wish.
--

IowaMan
Premium
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA
reply to tsduke

What are Comcast's caps?
I thought they did away with them

IowaMan
Premium
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA
reply to rudnicke

You know that group is also staffs DSLR,Twitter and Mediacom's own message boards right?

implode

join:2009-09-06
Columbia, MO
reply to alphapointe

How much is socket and what is speed rated at?

danawhitaker
Space...The Final Frontier
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Urbandale, IA

2 recommendations

reply to CappinHoff

said by CappinHoff:

Stop cheerleading bandwidth caps already. Your logic is exactly the reason these companies get by with this.
--
You're watching Sports Night on CSC so stick around...

alphapointe
Don't Touch Me
Premium,MVM
Columbia, MO
Reviews:
·Socket Internet ..
reply to implode

said by implode:

How much is socket and what is speed rated at?

I have socket DSL (20/1) with a phone line for $100/mo. We don't have a quote on the metro-E yet (they're looking into getting us our own CMTS as well, but we're looking at at least 100Mb symmetrical with our own traffic management)
--