spc
Search similar:

uniqs
returnzero
join:2013-08-26
New York, NY

1 edit

returnzero

[Internet] Does TWC use 8 bonded channels in Manhattan (NYC)?

I currently own a Motorola SB6121 that I'm using with the 30/5 service. I see that it bonds all four available channels.

I was wondering if I replaced this with an SB6141, would it use more than 4?

Also, I was wondering if there is any advantage to using more than 4 on 30/5 or 50/5. As I know the speeds are easily covered by 4 channels.
KeyLogger
join:2007-08-08

KeyLogger

Re: [Internet] Does TWC use 8 bonded channels in Manhattan (NYC)

some have 8 channels months ago »[TWC] 8 Downstream Channels Added..

a buddy at lower east still 4 with a SB6141 on 15/1 plan. (no fios but nearby buildings have)

ask neighbors maybe the best,
upgrade to sb6141 anyway if you already can't get full speed at peak hours
returnzero
New York, NY

returnzero

Okay cool.

I actually get full speeds. But this modem reboots randomly for some reason. =/

I still have a few days to return it...think I'll do that.

repTWC
@verizon.net

repTWC to returnzero

Anon

to returnzero
after TWC manhattan is done with analog channel removal in mid september there will be 8 channel bonding. right now its 4 for 30meg extreme and up. standard 15 and turbo 20 still use 1 channel even if you have a D3 modem. your 6121 is fine since those customers with modems capable of 8 channel bonding will have their traffic spread across more channels so the 4 that you use will have more capacity.
said by returnzero:

I currently own a Motorola SB6121 that I'm using with the 30/5 service. I see that it bonds all four available channels.

I was wondering if I replaced this with an SB6141, would it use more than 4?

Also, I was wondering if there is any advantage to using more than 4 on 30/5 or 50/5. As I know the speeds are easily covered by 4 channels.

returnzero
New York, NY

returnzero

Thank you, repTWC. That does make a lot of sense.

If this particular 6121 didn't constantly say "Cable Modem Reboot due to power reset", I would probably just keep it.

repTWC
@verizon.net

repTWC

Anon

said by returnzero:

Thank you, repTWC. That does make a lot of sense.

If this particular 6121 didn't constantly say "Cable Modem Reboot due to power reset", I would probably just keep it.

sounds like its rebooting cause of level issues-low downstream and high upstream. post your diagnostics »192.168.100.1
returnzero
New York, NY

returnzero

Click for full size
Not sure if this is what you mean, but before today the Downstream Power Level was always 0 or 1 dBmV.

I found that there was a splitter in with one out going to the modem and another line going no where. Not sure why they did that. But after removing the splitter these are the numbers.
returnzero

returnzero to KeyLogger

to KeyLogger
Yep, I replaced it with an SB6141 and am getting 8 channels