uniqs
share rss forum feed

hudiat

join:2011-10-13
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·WOW Internet and..
reply to hudiat

Re: Moving - Can't even leave wow without unnecessary hassle.

Just an update if anyone cares. Called local office. They said they would forward my issue to the local billing supervisor. Got call back within 15 minutes, and in 20 minutes everything was setup and ready to go. One truck roll to collect equipment and do an install. They were able to schedule exactly when I wanted instead of giving me a huge window, and everything seems to be going fine with it now.

But seriously, why did it take going out of my way to call the local office (had to find the number from an old PM from WOW Dan, phone numbers are no longer listed online, just addresses, yellow pages and other sites show the generic support number) and deal with a local supervisor for such a simple issue.

What the hell was the point of the major billing system overhaul last year if WOW support STILL can't handle basic things because the system won't let them?

How can you advertise going the extra mile for customers, great support, and then this. This was literally the perfect time for the support person to back that up. Something pretty straight forward, obviously possible as the local person did it, and seems like it should be easy, and instead they blew me off and made me deal with the local people.

In comparison called Time Warner to setup service at the new place, human within 3 minutes, asked for cheaper prices than advertised online, they said yes. Couldn't schedule an install as soon as I would like, they said they would look into it. Call back 10 minutes later, they will be there exactly when I wanted, and it will be a real TW tech not a contractor. So far service seems much better. Let's hope it stays that way.

RootWyrm

join:2011-05-09
Ha. You say that like it's hard to offer better service than WOW does out here these days.

Matt7

join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Insight Communic..

1 recommendation

reply to hudiat
said by hudiat:

What the hell was the point of the major billing system overhaul last year if WOW support STILL can't handle basic things because the system won't let them?

As someone who has done cable support for another major company in the past - What you dealt with is pretty much the norm with how the billing system functions for most cable companies -- your an occupant in the system under an account # (based on your service address) -- and they can't create an order for new services on that address until the old is disconnected and previous fees and equipment for that address paid) .. yes it's a hassle.

Glad to see WOW was willing to work with you and find a solution. You would have ran into a similar situation with TWC if service had been on at the address your moving into.

hudiat

join:2011-10-13
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·WOW Internet and..

2 edits
There was existing service with time warner. i just explained the lease is officially in my name now and the last tenant is gone. They cancelled his and set up an install.

As for wow. I'm sick of hearing them advertising how great their service, but the defense always be thats standard in the business. Ok then, if they want to be standard stop cramming advertising in my face that says otherwise. I get the disconnect reconnect needs to happen. I dont get why it needed two truck rolls. This was the perfect chance for generic support to prove their advertising. I had a slightly abnormal issue but one that could be worked out. Just schedule the work orders back to back. Instead they blew me off.

there is also no reason to remove the local office phone numbers. How does that provide good service?