uniqs
share rss forum feed

HenryA

join:2011-05-28
Reviews:
·VMedia
·ooma

Lack of courtesy and customer care at Rogers

Just a short note for any CSR's from Rogers.

The net was down this morning due to a wide spread outage in the Barrie area. I called the only number available I had, Rogers Internet support, to report the outage. After being grilled to find out if I was a Rogers customer, and I told them truthfully I'm not but could they put me through to cable repair as my service is backboned off of Rogers like any cable service in Ontario. Two Rogers CSR's pointedly refused to help. They said I would have to phone my own ISP (ciktel). That's complete nonsense. It wasn't an ISP issue. It was a first tier cable provider issue. Rogers owns the connections to the demarc.
Let me be blunt. Acting like a complete tool isn't going to win you the battle. It just re-enforces the notion that I'm glad I'm not a Rogers customer. And, acting like we don't count is a huge mistake, since you are bound by the terms of your SLA to help your second tier providers.
Rogers needs to review it's procedures with the managers for CSR's.

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
If you were a Rogers customer they would've helped you out. Since you're with a TPIA provider, no matter what the issue is, Rogers is under obligation to help you out.
--
Opinions expressed are my own, and may or may not reflect those of my employers or any other BCE company or division.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Yup, that's part of the TPIA deal. You as a customer of a TPIA must deal with a TPIA.

If you are a Rogers customer, you are paying Rogers to provide support. If you are a CiKTel customer, you are paying CIKtel for support.

dabonz

join:2012-05-17
Ottawa, ON
reply to HenryA
Yup you have to pay the piper

HenryA

Reviews:
·VMedia
·ooma
reply to HenryA
No problem when it's an ISP issue (lack of IP, bad DNS, etc). Outages effect the users, no matter the customer.

Eventually, I found a CSR that understood the outage was wide spread. She sent out a notice to have it fixed, then called me back a couple of hours later to let me know service had resumed.

And Rogers CSR's need some remedial training. Maybe I'm wrong. Perhaps they're told to act like assholes. Who knows with Rogers

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa
"since you are bound by the terms of your SLA "

There's the thing, there is no real SLA ... ask the CRTC about that. The CRTC said give 3rd parties last mile access ... tell us how you will do it. And essentially, that's all she wrote!

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
reply to HenryA
said by HenryA:

And Rogers CSR's need some remedial training. Maybe I'm wrong. Perhaps they're told to act like assholes. Who knows with Rogers

So they're assholes for telling you to call your own service provider? Also, why did you even bother calling? If it was a widespread outage in your area, Rogers would have already been aware and they were probably working on it already...

Vincent22

join:2013-08-04
said by yyzlhr:

said by HenryA:

So they're assholes for telling you to call your own service provider? Also, why did you even bother calling? If it was a widespread outage in your area, Rogers would have already been aware and they were probably working on it already...

I agree with you, you pay ur service provider not rogers, even if they are using thier network ur service provider has the ability to report issues to rogers when there is a network issue.

noonetoblame

@204.101.17.x
reply to HenryA
said by HenryA:

No problem when it's an ISP issue (lack of IP, bad DNS, etc). Outages effect the users, no matter the customer.

Eventually, I found a CSR that understood the outage was wide spread. She sent out a notice to have it fixed, then called me back a couple of hours later to let me know service had resumed.

Only person to blame here is you. Don't call rogers anymore since you are not a customer.

RLBL

join:2012-11-26
Gloucester, ON
kudos:1
reply to HenryA
The only thing I see wrong here is:

Why does the TPIA not know of the widespread outage. That is on them (them being Rogers and/or the TPIA).

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile
Just as Rogers tends NOT to tell their customer service people, they are NOT telling the TPIAs anything either in terms of outages. So the only way TekSavvy or other TPIA can tell if there's an area outage or other commonality is to monitor call types, and they do ... to a point.

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
reply to HenryA
They're being assholes for doing their job? This is about as daft as trying to call Bell Internet for an issue with a DSL circuit through a third-party provider.

HenryA

Reviews:
·VMedia
·ooma
reply to HenryA
Apparently, lots of Rogers CSR's read the forum. Great. So learn some courtesy and perhaps people wouldn't post what a piss poor job you do.

And to fill in the blank since lots of you like trolling. Rogers owns the f*cking line up to the demarc. Your line, your outage, your problem. Try reading the posts.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
said by HenryA:

Try reading the posts.

Try understanding that you're not Rogers' customer.

Because YOU are not their customer, their CUSTOMER service representatives are under no obligation to provide you with free support.

MyrddinEmrys

join:2011-11-29
Scarborough, ON
reply to HenryA
You really should familiarize yourself with Ciktel's web site, especially their FAQ, and of course "Contact Us" page:

»www.ciktel.com/portal/Eng/contac ··· t_us.asp
Expand your moderator at work

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
reply to HenryA

Re: Lack of courtesy and customer care at Rogers

said by HenryA:

Apparently, lots of Rogers CSR's read the forum. Great. So learn some courtesy and perhaps people wouldn't post what a piss poor job you do.

And to fill in the blank since lots of you like trolling. Rogers owns the f*cking line up to the demarc. Your line, your outage, your problem. Try reading the posts.

So if you can't access a certain website due to peering or routing issues is it appropriate for me to call Level 3 or Cogent?

Etobicoke, ON
said by yyzlhr:

So if you can't access a certain website due to peering or routing issues is it appropriate for me to call Level 3 or Cogent?

The vast majority of providers would not deal with you on the phone if you're not a customer, but e-mailing the NOC in a lot of cases (not all) will result in a response and they will take the information into consideration and deal with it if there is an issue. But what this guy is trying to do is not appropriate.

Etobicoke, ON
reply to HenryA
There is no hope in helping you.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile
reply to 34764170
I found very early on that NOC operators are astoundingly unreactive and will not cooperate with anyone. "Yeah, we know that link is not working properly, but we arent going to fix it until we report it to management and they have their weekly meeting and then they send us a directive. Then it will take a fewdays until we get around to it. We havent reported the problem to management yet"

That was the gist of one response I got from one NOC operator. Several said "Contact your ISP to report problems". Still others just ignored reports.

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON
Yes the High Priests of the NOC have their idiosyncrasies -- some personalities can be very helpful but very few indeed. Insofar as HenryA See Profile is concerned I am shocked that one so intelligent cannot muster up a smidgen of common sense.

Etobicoke, ON
reply to sbrook
I never said the NOC will just jump on any old issue instantly and there is no guarantee of any action even if the issue is coming from a very large customer. You're making the assumption that reporting an issue means they can do something about it instantly and skip processes.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa
What I am saying is that the majority of NOCs that I've dealt with will treat attempts to report faults to them with contempt.

HenryA

Thank you sbrook.

You get it.

Etobicoke, ON
reply to HenryA

Re: Lack of courtesy and customer care at Rogers

said by HenryA:

Thank you sbrook.

You get it.

He still thinks what you were trying to do was wrong.

rogersmogers

@start.ca
said by 34764170:

said by HenryA:

Thank you sbrook.

You get it.

He still thinks what you were trying to do was wrong.

That is why I said the OP still doesn't get it.

youneedhelp

@bell.ca
reply to HenryA
had id been a firstline agent and taken a call from a non rogers client who used the term dmarc on a cable issue id have put you on hold for a moment until i could get myself back together. you should have known better on this one and the reps acted correctly to shut you down as your taking up time for them to deal with the clients they are paid to support. just a quick question should you decide to respond to it. how long did it take you to reach rogers support ?