All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Paul in WA
join:2010-09-11
Centralia, WA

Paul in WA

Helping to spread the joy of cord cutting?

I can't help but think that handing out free OTA antennas might be contributing to their own eventual demise.
Skippy25
join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

Skippy25

If they could (maybe they can I dont know) incorporate the OTA antenna and signal into their box which would allow for transparent guide and DVR capabilities that would make it still very compelling for users that want more than just OTA content.

Maybe they should work on getting that to happen so they can just flat out not carry any OTA signals and just have it incorporated in that way for all stations. That would lessen the strangle hold the OTA stations have.

Hooner
@myvzw.com

Hooner

Anon

said by Skippy25:

If they could (maybe they can I dont know) incorporate the OTA antenna and signal into their box which would allow for transparent guide and DVR capabilities that would make it still very compelling for users that want more than just OTA content.

Maybe they should work on getting that to happen so they can just flat out not carry any OTA signals and just have it incorporated in that way for all stations. That would lessen the strangle hold the OTA stations have.

Great idea NOT. Voom satellite tried that and failed. OtA doesn't work in most of TWC mostly urbane markets.

RavonTUS
join:2003-10-15
Lafayette, IN

RavonTUS to Paul in WA

to Paul in WA
One day, someone will invent wireless TV and we won't need cables.
esjones
Premium Member
join:2010-09-10
Springboro, OH

esjones to Skippy25

Premium Member

to Skippy25
TiVo does this already for models that have OTA tuners.
esjones

esjones to RavonTUS

Premium Member

to RavonTUS
I see what you did there, Mr. Farnsworth!

fifty nine
join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ

fifty nine to RavonTUS

to RavonTUS
said by RavonTUS:

One day, someone will invent wireless TV and we won't need cables.

My TV is already wireless. It comes from a satellite.