spc
Search similar:

uniqs
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx

Pricing looks like a monopoly

I can't get 'em, but Grande Communications down here offers 8/1 for $38. Which isn't too impressive.

But 30/3 is $48 (or $40 on promo right now), versus $57 for 22/2 or $82 for 33/3. And 65/5 is $70, versus $97 for 44/4, or $107 for 66/5. 110/5 on Grande is $110, vs. $187 on BEX.

Maybe I should be comparing TWC's rates to BEX...but then I'd get depressed because they're actually quite close. Look what competition (or the lack thereof) can do...
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

The only thing BEX has against it is AT&T which is building out U-Verse in mass numbers right now in Toledo and eating BEX for lunch.. The rumor has it that they will be sold soon; especially as management has changed but still family controlled. TWC was granted a city license by the State of Ohio and are currently building out but that will take years to build from scratch.

Also keep in mind; CURRENT customers of BEX- are NOT able to obtain any promos or special pricing without leaving for 3-6 months and then coming back. They even charge you to use their hotspot network in Burger Kings in the area.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx

Sounds like ripe pickings for TWC. Or, for a more interesting turn of events, WOW.
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

WOW won't expand into the area without a network of their own to connect to easily. TWC is already there and can easily attach to it. I'm not sure of their build out status or what's going on but TWC will do something since they paid that nice $2000 fee to the state to expand. I would assume though they are waiting to merge the entire company into 1 instead of all the different markets/regions. Which is set to be completed this summer.