spc
Search similar:

uniqs
smc1962
join:2006-07-15
cayman islan

smc1962

[iPad] Pinger app (free texts to 35 countries not working as it

I have an iPAD and I have tried to help friends create Pinger accounts. I created an account for myself and it worked fine. I had to register a number--chose US as my country even though I am in the Caribbean but have lots of friends in the US.

The two that I helped were receiving texts from Pinger on their mobile phones in Panama and they did not have Pinger on their phones to begin with. One of them has an iPhone the other one does not (basic phone not a smart phone) they are on different carriers. I text from Pinger to other friends in Panamá who don't have Pinger and it works fine.

After I created the two accounts for them they stopped receiving texts to their mobile numbers when I chose not to send it to the Pinger account. Why is this happening? Is my UDID tied to their accounts somehow? the iPhone user can receive messages from my Pinger account to her Pinger account but not to her cell even though I select her mobile number and not her assigned Pinger number with the arrow as indicated on their website.

The other user who does not have a smart phone at all can no longer receive my texts from Pinger. I would like to continue to communicate sending messages to their regular numbers since sometimes the iPhone user does not have wi-fi available.

Pinger's zendesk instructed me to install the later version of their software Pinger EX. I also asked them to unregister the cell numbers of my friends and eventually also the user account of the friend who is not an iPhone user was deleted; however, neither works as it used to. Any explanations? A bit puzzled.

Thanks.