how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Nordy

join:2007-10-20
kudos:1

How are these photos Done?

How are the photos on this page done ? »www.thephoblographer.com/2013/05···scribble com
Is this something done by simply using a camera's black and white mode ? Or are other things required to achieve images like these ? Can an average point and shoot camera do this, or is this something only high end devices can do ?

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON
They are probably all done outside the camera. The photos would be taken in colour and then converted into B&W in Photoshop (Elements, CS, or Lightroom) or in a dedicated conversion program like Nik Silver Efex Pro. I use the latter for my B&W.

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Numquam oblitus
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to Nordy
This may give you some additional insight: »petapixel.com/2013/03/29/photogr···-cancer/
--
***ATMFAQ***DIFAQ***Kitchen Sink***

Nordy

reply to donoreo
I did a few photos with an average camera in black and white mode, and they don't end up that way. Let me try with that program.

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON
You can see in the one photo he is using an SLR, so he is also probably using Raw mode, not shooting JPEGs. Using Raw there is more data available for working with in post. Doing things like conversions are better.

dave
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio
kudos:8
reply to Nordy
There's always the dedicated black&white camera...

»www.popphoto.com/2012/05/first-i···e-finder

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Numquam oblitus
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ
It does have a problem that film doesn't- the ability to modify the response via filtration.

stev32k
Premium
join:2000-04-27
Mobile, AL
reply to Nordy
I used to shoot black & white film with a red or orange filter. It made some pretty dramatic shots. I believe you can do the same thing in photoshop CS with digital.

Nordy

reply to Nordy
I wrote to the guy who did those photos. Still no reply. Maybe I shouldn't have...