spc
Search similar:

uniqs

toro
join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON

toro

Large family

He must have a very large family to need so many servers and HDD arrays.

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
join:2003-07-06
Philippines

EliteData

Premium Member

said by toro:

He must have a very large family to need so many servers and HDD arrays.

i suspect something quite different with a setup like that.
tired_runner
Premium Member
join:2000-08-25
CT

tired_runner

Premium Member

This

He's discussed end-to-end VPN connectivity to offshore links with the setup as well.

But one can only speculate....
tvdrew
join:2008-08-20
Washington, DC

tvdrew to EliteData

to EliteData
hahaha. Or a family that consists of many, many "cousins" all hoping to watch streaming US television that they can't get in their home country. It's not just birthday party videos, for sure.

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
Philippines

1 edit

EliteData

Premium Member

said by tvdrew:

hahaha. Or a family that consists of many, many "cousins" all hoping to watch streaming US television that they can't get in their home country. It's not just birthday party videos, for sure.

more like storing and serving ripped copies of bluray discs to remote users
you can find plenty of "rogue" live US tv stream feeds on the internet if you know where to look.
Skippy25
join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

Skippy25 to EliteData

to EliteData
I would agree. Him claiming he uses it for streaming video to his family is simply BS.

Regardless of a limit and how much he used. His justification is what stinks here.

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
Philippines

EliteData

Premium Member

said by Skippy25:

I would agree. Him claiming he uses it for streaming video to his family is simply BS.

Regardless of a limit and how much he used. His justification is what stinks here.

unless its uncompressed video.

houkouonchi
join:2002-07-22
Ontario, CA

houkouonchi to Skippy25

to Skippy25
said by Skippy25:

That is just one of the many things I use it for. I also do happen to seed a bunch of linux stuff as well. And before you call the BS flag let it be known I do happen to work for a company that is an open-source project for a file-system that is included in the linux kernel.
Skippy25
join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

Skippy25

Right.... and regardless of how you spin it you are running some major uploading services that clearly are not acceptable to them and if you "work for a company" then let that company provide their own bandwidth to do their seeding per their own agreements with their own ISP. FYI, that excuse causes me to call bullshit even more.

Nutshell: Do as they ask or find another provider for yourself, your family, the company you work for and all those other thousands of people you are feeding with your line.