Search similar:

uniqs
Bengie25
join:2010-04-22
Wisconsin Rapids, WI

1 recommendation

Bengie25

Unlimited

"Unlimited" means no limit ever for any reasons.

We need someone to set a legal precedent and wtfpwn this false advertisement.
serge87
join:2009-11-29
New York

1 recommendation

serge87

said by Bengie25:

Or else no beating around the bush and set clear standards for consumers to follow.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to Bengie25

to Bengie25
said by Bengie25:

OR.....................people can be grown up and use common sense and realize unlimited doesn't mean 77 TB. Do you REALLY want Verizon to set some arbitrary cap when just a little MATURE common sense reasonable use of the internet can avoid that?
SunnyD
join:2009-03-20
Madison, AL

SunnyD to serge87

to serge87
If McDonalds can get sued for a cup of hot coffee spilling in someone's lap...

Yeah. Pretty sure it's the industry's responsibility to label their product properly. That precedent ship has sailed a LONG time ago.

anon1
@verizon.net

anon1 to 88615298

Anon

to 88615298
What does unlimited mean then?
88615298 (banned)
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to SunnyD

to SunnyD
said by SunnyD:

You obviously have not read up on the case just to dismiss it so lightly. Please before bringing up something STUDY it. Until you do your opinion is DISMISSED!
Expand your moderator at work
SunnyD
Madison, AL

SunnyD to 88615298

to 88615298

Re: Unlimited

said by 88615298:

said by SunnyD:

You obviously have not read up on the case just to dismiss it so lightly. Please before bringing up something STUDY it. Until you do your opinion is DISMISSED!

My least favorite of sources, but none-the-less:

---
Since Liebeck, McDonald's has not reduced the service temperature of its coffee.[17] McDonald's policy today is to serve coffee between 80-90 °C (176-194 °F),[29] relying on more sternly-worded warnings on cups made of rigid foam to avoid future liability, though it continues to face lawsuits over hot coffee.[29][30]
---

So, what point is it that you're trying to make again?
areacode304
join:2006-08-26
WV

2 recommendations

areacode304 to Anon

to Anon
Unlimited: not limited; unrestricted; unconfined; boundless; infinite; vast; without any qualification or exception; unconditional.

If something is advertised as "unlimited," that's precisely what it should be. If they are not offering unlimited bandwidth, then they should not advertise it as such. Call it "practically unlimited" or "almost unlimited, but not quite." You pull this "common sense" bullshit, but didn't check the dictionary definition of the word you're getting all huffy puffy over. Making sure that your argument is defensible by confirming the meanings of words should be common sense, too. What's your excuse?
88615298 (banned)
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to SunnyD

to SunnyD
You still have no knowledge of the case. Because your post implied it was frivolous. it wasn't. Once again if you would educate yourself instead of remaining obtuse you could conversate with the rest of us. So either read up or I'll have to put you on ignore and you can have great conversation with yourself. Your choice. Knowledge is power. Try it.

88615298 (banned) to areacode304

to areacode304
Ok you win, Verizon should have caps. Happy now? Is that what you want, is for Verizon to institute arbitrary caps? Apparently so.

TWO and only 2 choices

A) Verizon continues with the no cap policy while customers use common sense.

B) Verizon institutes a cap so customers aren't confused that anything in the multiple TB range is excessive. Even though common sense will tell you that.

There is no option C. So which one?
WhatNow
Premium Member
join:2009-05-06
Charlotte, NC

WhatNow

Premium Member

The reason there are so many rules in the world is because of the small percent of people that have decided the Rules (written or unwritten) don't apply to me. What is the solution just what Unlimited stated above. A RULE is made and that ends up causing problems for other people. This guy is breaking all kinds of rules besides the unlimited rule. Be careful or everybody will end up paying for a physical connection charge plus pay for EVERY megabyte used.

You can order a 2 party phone line. Some people order it just to get the lower rate. There are very very few places that there more customers then copper cable pairs to serve each customer. The phone company connects them in the CO to other 2 party line customers. They also match the never get off the line customers with other never get off the line customers. My family stayed on a 2 party line with my Grandmother next door for years after we could get a private line because the 2 party line with independent phone company charged more then a private Bell line. When my Mom retired and was home during the day they got a private lines.
Bengie25
join:2010-04-22
Wisconsin Rapids, WI

Bengie25 to 88615298

to 88615298
Caps don't reflect network load nor costs. Why do they even use data caps?

Option C: Verizon charges based on usage of the 95th percentile for all users who are too many sigmas outside the norm.

ITALIAN926
join:2003-08-16

ITALIAN926

Can ANY of you people document a FiOS commercial where they claim UNLIMITED USE? by all means, post a link.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd

Premium Member

I only hear them say no caps on their radio ads, so far I have not heard the word unlimited.

But I am pretty sure even an "All you can eat" buffet can ask a lardass to leave if they eat more than a normal sized family on their own.
jimboe
join:2000-08-14
New York

jimboe to ITALIAN926

to ITALIAN926
Unequivically YES.

Last time a saw one of their commercials mention Unlimited was about a month or so ago.

ITALIAN926

ITALIAN926

Unequivocally NO
SunnyD
Madison, AL

1 recommendation

SunnyD to 88615298

to 88615298
Feel free to put me on ignore since you can't seem to be bothered to have a constructive discussion... Especially since I not once said nor implied that the Hot Coffee case was in any way frivolous.

I highly suggest you learn to understand context before you start trying to throw around big words to try to sound intelligent and lecturing others on subject matter which you obviously don't understand yourself. Otherwise, if you need clarification, feel free to ASK for it before jumping to conclusions.
jimboe
New York

jimboe to ITALIAN926

to ITALIAN926
What are you 6 years old?

I'm telling you for a fact I've seen television commercials which stated just that.

Just because YOU haven't personally seen them does not mean it isn't true.

Beleive what you want.

ITALIAN926

ITALIAN926

There are 8000 results on youtube when "Fios Commercial" is searched. By all means, look through', and find the one you havnt seen.
jimboe
New York

jimboe

It's the ones you haven't seen, so it's your job, not mine.

Pathfinder5
Dazed Confused
Premium Member
join:2000-03-26
New York, NY

Pathfinder5 to Bengie25

Premium Member

to Bengie25
I don't think that FIOS has ever been advertised as "Unlimited" except for Digital Voice which includes "Unlimited Domestic Calling". I have never seen or heard any advertising citing Unlimited Internet.