Bengie25
join:2010-04-22
Wisconsin Rapids, WI

1 edit

1 recommendation

Bengie25 to elray

to elray

Re: Houkouonchi: 1 of 45

Good luck finding a colo that only provides non-professional services.

Most colos charge an arm and a leg because they have limited room, limited power, and are VERY well connected.

This guy only has a single internet connection, with residential power, and a non-datacenter grade setup.

He doesn't need all that other crap that gives him 5 9s disaster recoverey, and why should he pay someone else for services he can provide himself?

All he wants is a residential grade connection where he can pay a fair prices for the bandwidth he uses.

I hate how ISPs have no middle ground. Either your residential and get a data cap and "no servers", or you need 9s and a dedicated line.

I don't need 5 9s, I just want some flipping bandwidth. Sell me BANDWIDTH!

edit: by "very well connected, I've seen some colos advertising that they are directly connected to over 1,000 different networks while having an additional 3 different Internet Exchanges, each with redundant paths.

That kind of bandwidth is expensive. It is low latency high quality bandwidth. I don't need to run a stock-exchange out of my house, I don't need to worry about microsecond jitter. Give me residential quality bandwidth, but on an all you-can-eat platter and for a price that the ISP makes money, aka "fair". I just want the option.

buzz_4_20
join:2003-09-20
Dover, NH

buzz_4_20

Indeed,
Can't I just but a crap-ton of connectivity, without having to pay for the SLA that usually comes with it?

I hate that there isn't anything between Residential and Business, like POWER USER

TamaraB
Question The Current Paradigm
Premium Member
join:2000-11-08
Da Bronx
·Verizon FiOS
Ubiquiti NSM5
Synology RT2600ac
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)

TamaraB

Premium Member

said by buzz_4_20:

I hate that there isn't anything between Residential and Business, like POWER USER

It would appear, by this very thread, that Verizon Business FIOS is not business at all, but rather "Power User".
Bengie25
join:2010-04-22
Wisconsin Rapids, WI

Bengie25

But Verizon Business FIOS has a data cap. It's just not advertised.

TamaraB
Question The Current Paradigm
Premium Member
join:2000-11-08
Da Bronx
·Verizon FiOS
Ubiquiti NSM5
Synology RT2600ac
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)

TamaraB

Premium Member

said by Bengie25:

But Verizon Business FIOS has a data cap. It's just not advertised.

Sounds like grounds for an entrapment and or false advertising law suit.

ITALIAN926
join:2003-08-16

ITALIAN926

Yea first you find an advertisement where FiOS proclaims its internet is UNLIMITED. Then find your lawyer.
jimboe
join:2000-08-14
New York

jimboe

there have been plenty of tv ads from Verizon with such usage.

Just becayse you havent seeb them yourself doesn't mean they haven't or don't do it.
« That's 157Unlimited »
This is a sub-selection from Houkouonchi: 1 of 45