Android... get back here
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:4
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

Biggest bunch a bullshit...

Biggest bunch a bullshit I've ever seen from AT&T.

Cleveland, OH is supposed to be getting this new Internet tier, but what they don't tell you is that in Cleveland you have to be one of the lucky few who got FTTH/FTTP. If you're on copper, forget it; you're never going to get it.

I talked to someone in Technical Support on the phone and they said that in no uncertain terms that I will never ever be able to get this new higher speed Internet tier. The Engineering Department at AT&T has basically stated that upgrading the area that I live in would be too expensive to support the new Internet tier. AT&T has basically told me that I'm lucky I'm getting what I'm getting and to shut up.

OK, I have my answer. I may not like the answer but there it is, I won't ever be getting the new speed tier.
--
Tom
Tom's Tech Blog

paule123

join:2002-07-25
Cleveland, OH
Thanks for the info. We're in the Cleveland burbs on the 18 meg plan at our business. I logged in to the account and there's no upgrade option beyond the 24 meg tier. Oh well. I wonder if they will make an exception for business users, considering TWC is available at 50/5.

south1178
Premium
join:2001-12-17
Cleveland, OH

1 edit
reply to trparky
I need to call WOW is starting to become too unreliable for me.

Looks like my area sucks too. Highest I can get is Max Plus, the 18Mbps plan.