uniqs

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord to trparky

to trparky

Re: Stargate Atlantis: Blu Ray Edition

said by trparky:

They're doing it to Star Trek TNG. Why not SG1?

TNG was filmed on 35mm, not 16mm.

Paramount is also in much better shape financially than MGM.

Finally, Star Trek has a bigger following than SG-1, which makes the investment in converting the series more business sense.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd

Premium Member

said by TigerLord:

said by trparky:

They're doing it to Star Trek TNG. Why not SG1?

TNG was filmed on 35mm, not 16mm.

Paramount is also in much better shape financially than MGM.

Finally, Star Trek has a bigger following than SG-1, which makes the investment in converting the series more business sense.

Stargate has always kinda been the red headed stepchild of the TV scifi world. On the other hand it is also generally well accepted by ST and SW fans and not impacted by that scifi factional divide.(Personally I would take a ZPM powered Daedalus with beam weapons and a few Horizon platforms over the Enterprise anyway.)

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

But would you take it over Galactica?

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord

Ancient Aurora Class ship with shitload of drones > *

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
The Galactica was a great ship, but it was the skill and determination of the crew that made it so hard to beat.

The crew of the (Next Generation) Enterprise was just great at making shit up to get out of sticky situations. Techo-babble to the rescue. I guess it makes sense since their mission was one of exploration.

Ships in the Stargate universe, like those in the BSG universe, were actual warships, and they just kicked ass.

Give me an Aurora class ship crewed by Adama and his people, plus throw in Data for some last-minute techno-babble in case we need to kill some Borg.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd

Premium Member

Disregarding the drones. The mere fact an aurora has shields means it could likely take on the entire Cylon fleet. I am guessing ancient shield tech would laugh off the puny Cylon nukes.

But here is one better! Crew of Galactica with Atlantis, a few thousand ZPMs and an absolute shit ton of drones.....

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

Pfah. A Vorlan Planet Killer is all anyone would need.
(I just finished rewatching B5 not that long ago. )

anonome
@verizon.net

anonome to Kearnstd

Anon

to Kearnstd
I'd rather be Q (no, not that one, the other one--aka Q2).