how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ratpack

join:2008-06-17
Scarborough, ON

[Cable] New speed packages

Please forgive my asking this here, but I've been trying all day to speak to someone in Sales at TSI and am currently on hold once again. My phone is dying and I'm burning through my airtime minutes so will shortly have to give up yet again.

Just noticed there are new packages available and in fact my current Extreme28 is apparently not even available any more at my location. Does anyone know if we will be automatically 'upgraded' to the next higher package, or whether they plan on keeping us on our current plan in these circumstances?

Also, do they charge to change plans? If they don't change mine automatically then I'd like to switch up to the Cable45, but don't really want to spend more if there's a big fee.

I'll almost certainly need to buy a new modem too. My old stac2.08 firmware Thomson is driving me crazy.
They list modems available as:
Thomson DCM 476 $99.00
Technicolor DCM476 DOCSIS 3 Modem Rent To Own
Is the Thomson in fact the same device as the Technicolor? In other words, is the Thomson also DOCSIS 3?

Thanks, and sorry again; it's a shame we have to resort to asking these sort of questions on a 3rd party site.

TLS2000
Crazy Canuck
Premium
join:2004-02-24
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·TekSavvy Cable
Thomson and Technicolor are the same brand. If you've got a 475 or 476 you have a DOCSIS 3 modem.

There is no automatic speed change. You'll have to request a new speed if you want it. TekSavvy did this to avoid having customer complaints because people's bills or speeds have changed.

There is a $5 plan change fee, but they are currently waiving it. I expect it will be implemented again once they've completed their ATPIA migration.

You can change your speeds on Myworld and they'll eventually change them. It looks like the current wait time is 2+ weeks for speed changes though, so be prepared to wait.
--
Tom

Old Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
kudos:33
reply to ratpack
said by ratpack:

Please forgive my asking this here, but I've been trying all day to speak to someone in Sales at TSI and am currently on hold once again. My phone is dying and I'm burning through my airtime minutes so will shortly have to give up yet again.

Please post in the Direct forum & we can get an agent to call you back if you would like.

said by ratpack:

Just noticed there are new packages available and in fact my current Extreme28 is apparently not even available any more at my location. Does anyone know if we will be automatically 'upgraded' to the next higher package, or whether they plan on keeping us on our current plan in these circumstances?

Also, do they charge to change plans? If they don't change mine automatically then I'd like to switch up to the Cable45, but don't really want to spend more if there's a big fee.

The Comstock POI was done today, so if you were part of this area, you would now be on the Aggregated network. Although you are on a 28/1 plan, unless you request to be changed to a new plan, the existing plan will remain.

There are no fee's to change to the new plans as long as you have a modem that supports the new tiers.

said by ratpack:

I'll almost certainly need to buy a new modem too. My old stac2.08 firmware Thomson is driving me crazy.

The DCM475 with STAC.02.08 has a known firmware issue. If you did purchase the modem from us, please let us know and we can get it replaced, which would be required before you request a speed change.

said by ratpack:

They list modems available as:
Thomson DCM 476 $99.00
Technicolor DCM476 DOCSIS 3 Modem Rent To Own
Is the Thomson in fact the same device as the Technicolor? In other words, is the Thomson also DOCSIS 3?

There may be infact no reason for you to buy a new modem. The manufacturer name may have changed, but they are the same modem.

said by ratpack:

Thanks, and sorry again; it's a shame we have to resort to asking these sort of questions on a 3rd party site.

No need to apologize, we are here to help. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

May I suggest you post in the »TekSavvy Direct forum & we can help you out with all the specifics.

Best Regarsd,
Martin
--
TSI Martin (Escalations / E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

ratpack

join:2008-06-17
Scarborough, ON
reply to ratpack
Thanks for the replies. I've requested a speed change in the Direct Forum