All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
rg13
join:2013-01-31

rg13 to Not_Today

to Not_Today

Re: Mailer, what does it mean?

Hmm, I'll hope for the best. I did call sales said maybe in a few months. Nah I want get anything out of that box. I know a lot of folks that will get service out of it though. Glad they're getting a nice connection. Sure they will be to.

Here I'm on 6/.5 and mostly the up side is aggravating. Another reason I wish we could get the VDSL flavor. Any word on tv or pair bonding for ADSL2+?

For kicks and giggles here are my stats. I don't know how many feet away but there are a few DSLAMs, RTs and things around the area.

Model: 2701HG-B Gateway
Protocol: G.DMT2+ Annex A
DSL Channel: Fast
DSLAM: Country: {0xB5} Vendor: {BDCM} Specific: {0x9162}
ATM PVC Info: 8/35
ATM Encapsulation: Routed LLC
DSL Down Up
Current Rate: 8124 kbs 510 kbs
Max Rate: 19545 kbs 1259 kbs
Current Connection:
Current Noise Margin: 26.9 dB 23.2 dB
Current Attenuation: 15.9 dB 0.0 dB
Current Output Power: 19.0 dBm -1.2 dBm

Not_Today
@comcast.net

Not_Today

Anon

Based on the stats you posted, you are already on an ATM based ADSL2+ DSLAM (G.DMT2+ is 2wire's way of saying ADSL2+). The remainder of the stats indicate to me that if your connection was switched to an IPDSLAM at the same location, you should easily qualify for 12mbps service, and possibly for 18mbps service. As for TV service or pair bonding for the IPDSLAM based services, that is technically possible, but to my knowledge AT&T is not doing that anywhere (yet).
rg13
join:2013-01-31

rg13

Why are they not upgrading COs anything past 12/18? Will they see something comparable to what the VRADs are getting? You would think they would be an easy upgrade.