All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

AKB
@telus.net

AKB to PeterTelus07

Anon

to PeterTelus07

Re: [BC] Getting Telus Internet 50 - would this work?

Yep, that works fine. Just ensure you don't have conflicting subnets. The Actiontec VH1000 uses 192.168.1.0. Either change the LAN IP for the Actiontec (if you have access) or change your own router. You'll obviously need to connect your STBs to the Actiontec.

PeterTelus07
@shawcable.net

PeterTelus07

Anon

said by AKB :

Yep, that works fine. Just ensure you don't have conflicting subnets. The Actiontec VH1000 uses 192.168.1.0. Either change the LAN IP for the Actiontec (if you have access) or change your own router. You'll obviously need to connect your STBs to the Actiontec.

Thank you for your reply, perhaps i am missing something, then why is everyone trying so hard to hack the routers and put them in bridge mode? what advantage does that give you if this works?

Thanks

causticXD
@telus.com

causticXD

Anon

The above solution won't work for you. What was discribed will put your network into a double NAT scenario. Yes, web browsing and whatnot may work, but you'll likely have serious network issues. It'll likely give you trouble considering you are wanting to use it in conjunction with your work VPN. Putting the Actiontec into bridge mode essentially makes it transparent and allow your own router to grab the public IP address.

PeterTelus07
@shawcable.net

PeterTelus07

Anon

said by causticXD :

The above solution won't work for you. What was discribed will put your network into a double NAT scenario. Yes, web browsing and whatnot may work, but you'll likely have serious network issues. It'll likely give you trouble considering you are wanting to use it in conjunction with your work VPN. Putting the Actiontec into bridge mode essentially makes it transparent and allow your own router to grab the public IP address.

hmmm, I heard since i also have Optik TV i get the V2000 version of routers which is impossible to hack ? is this true? also what if i login to Telus Router, and put my own router IP in DMZ, this is ofcourse making my own router 192.168.2.0 and Telus 192.168.1.0 . would this work?
WackyGaru
join:2009-02-10
Grande Prairie, AB

WackyGaru

The V1000 and V2000 use the same firmware and some passwords, so same way to bridge it.

RWiebe
join:2002-11-27
T8W 5K5

RWiebe

Or you can bridge your own router to the v2000, still using your own router for wifi, which also eliminates the double NAT, and then you don't need to mess with the v2000 except to turn off it's wifi.

PeterTelus07
@genuineguidegear.com

PeterTelus07

Anon

said by RWiebe:

Or you can bridge your own router to the v2000, still using your own router for wifi, which also eliminates the double NAT, and then you don't need to mess with the v2000 except to turn off it's wifi.

Thats great idea, I wonder why people just dont do this !!! can I use the ports on my own router 2 or only Wifi? another question, can someone please point me to how to hack V2000 ? Thank you.
PeterTelus07

PeterTelus07

Anon

can someone please point me on instructions on how to hack V2000? all i can find is on V1000

Thanks,
xtachx
join:2005-11-19
canada

xtachx to PeterTelus07

to PeterTelus07

said by PeterTelus07
Thats great idea, I wonder why people just dont do this !!!

Depending on your usage, telus' router software may not be good for you. It is always advisable to use a modem / switch and use your own router with much more memory and a custom firmware. You get access to a LOT of useful features and functions.

I do this, and I use DD-WRT.

PeterTelus07
@genuineguidegear.com

PeterTelus07

Anon

I would rather use my own router as well, but that means i have to hack the V2000 and put it in Bridge mode which i need someone to help me with please.

Thanks,

zajacz
join:2002-09-21
Calgary, AB

zajacz to PeterTelus07

to PeterTelus07
said by PeterTelus07 :

can someone please point me on instructions on how to hack V2000? all i can find is on V1000

Thanks,

What you can find for the V1000H applies exactly the same for the V2000H.