how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

singerie3

join:2008-10-12
Saint-Constant, QC

1 edit

[Internet] Fibe - faster speed in the future?

Does anyone know if Bell plan to have faster tier than 175 mbps in the future ?

btech805

join:2013-08-01
Greely, ON
kudos:11

Yes ftth will be going up and fttn will be offered with pair bonding and those speeds will be going up

Nitra

join:2011-09-15
Montreal

Silly question, there will always be a plan in increase capacity. It may not happen for a few years, but they will need to grow. Same goes for all isps.

Name6889

@aliant.net

Bell Aliant in Newfoudland has a ftth 250/30 Mbps for a small price of $250/mth

somekool

join:2010-04-03
Quebec, QC

I don't find 250/30 to be faster than 175/175 when you think about getting those kind of lines, you are often commercial and you care most about upload speed.

about the future... Japan has had 100M and 1G lines for a long time, 2G lines will be rolling out soon. so, we are a long way behind...

»eonet.jp/home/net/service/

btech805

Greely, ON

In Ottawa at ericsson (formally nortel) theyre working on 10g lines

somekool

join:2010-04-03
Quebec, QC

is there any relationship between Nortel Ericsson and Sony Ericsson ?

btech805

Greely, ON

As far as a I know ericsson works on wireless technology as well so there probably is

pducharme

join:2010-06-29
Sherbrooke, QC
reply to btech805

So you saying that my limited fttn of 50/10 could become 100/20 eventually when pair bounding will be here?

btech805

Greely, ON

1 edit

Yes were already seeing attainable speeds of 300/30 at certain distances

Edit: just to clarify ive only seen 300/30 attainable once, more realistic pair bond speeds are around 200/25

singerie3

Saint-Constant, QC
reply to singerie3

i mean 'near future' like 6 months / 1 year. not in 50 years.

MJB

join:2012-01-29
Reviews:
·VMedia
·ACN DSL

this will never happen... in london, ontario bell won't install ftth.. same as rogers.. the routes of tpia on rogers are messed up to filesharing sites. plus you got to deal with congestion.... they don't know how to dig a trench and bury a fiber optic cable... yet install equipment to deliver it to your house.... telecoms only care about shareholders and the ceo getting a fat ass check from your tax dollars... that's the truth... plus there is a lot of lying rogers and bell fan boys who are selfish and won't switch... they will be with them forever... example parents, grandparents, and siblings.

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
kudos:5

Yeah, siblings... they're the worst kind of telecom evil...
--
MNSi Internet - »www.mnsi.net

pducharme

Sherbrooke, QC
reply to btech805

I know that at my home, when the tech did the installation, my line was able to go up to 100Mbps down (but don't remember the Upload). I have Fibe50 with FibeTV and speed is always at 50Mbps even when all feeds are recording on the TV. I guess i'm close enough to achieve the 200Mbps/25Mbps

Can't wait ! hehe

btech805

Greely, ON

Yes you will be its just a matter of waiting until we market it, right now we're only using pair bonding to customers who cant get fibe tv on a single pair

pducharme

Sherbrooke, QC

Any idea on when that will change?

have_nots

@bell.ca

said by pducharme:

Any idea on when that will change?

How 'bout after the rest of Ontario & Quebec actually get better than 5Mbps service? There are a lot of people, myself included, in major urban centres, where Fibe 5 is the only grade of broadband Internet available, so at the risk of sounding bitter, shut 'yer pie hole anyone with FTTH -- you're already spoiled. I know connection speed is like a drug (people always want more) but realistically, how many web servers can host a 200Mbps+ session, let alone a deluge of them?

singerie3

Saint-Constant, QC
reply to singerie3

speed upgrade should not slow down deployment of ftth....

btech805

Greely, ON
reply to have_nots

Urban areas are being rolled out first and those with 5 meg should be lucky im stuck on a turbo hub...and I work for bell!

MJB

bell for example needs to wire ftth to people's homes... existing homes... rogers has trouble with internet routes on atpia... they all messed up.... also rogers need to shape up.... FTTH The same..

hogtownhog

join:2013-08-23
Toronto, ON

said by MJB:

bell for example needs to wire ftth to people's homes... existing homes... rogers has trouble with internet routes on atpia... they all messed up.... also rogers need to shape up.... FTTH The same..

Bell is retrofitting old buildings already. All of Quebec City is done, but there Bell had competition from Videotron on FTTH retrofits.

In the GTA there's barely any competition at all on FTTH retrofits, so things are moving more slowly. Typically, areas that cannot get FibeTV over FTTN are prioritized for FTTH.

MJB

my internet traffic on cable(vmedia) heads to 10.121.5.129
don't know about fttn or ftth in london... in my area...
i can't understand why they will screw up the routes....

hogtownhog

join:2013-08-23
Toronto, ON

said by MJB:

my internet traffic on cable(vmedia) heads to 10.121.5.129
don't know about fttn or ftth in london... in my area...
i can't understand why they will screw up the routes....

All addresses 10.x.x.x are reserved, so that address is a part of the service provider's internal network. Wherein lies the problem?

MJB

k

MJB

reply to hogtownhog

why the crap speeds on depositfiles at night and day... 45/4 mbit cable vmedia + 5mbit adsl acn

MJB

no ftth pissed at telecoms lying assholes