Venice, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..
·Time Warner Cable
·Clearwire Wireless

[Internet] How im getting 100mbps From TWC

»youtu.be/p3poxgBXsDY
will explain how to do it
im using a hardware that load balances 2 50mb cable modems with 5mb upload its not perfect......Didn't know where else to post this at and also using a software called connectify me now at home i get over 100mbps down for only 140 a month *with discounts applied* still paying for 2modems! that video should explain it but idk

returnzero

join:2013-08-26
New York, NY
What time in the video does he explain it?

ke4pym
Premium
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC
Reviews:
·Northland Cable ..
·Time Warner Cable
·ooma
·VOIPO
·Verizon Broadban..
reply to SanAntonioTx
I guess it all comes down to how you define your over-all capacity.

Technology for bonding multiple connections has been around for a long, long time. The idea is certainly not new. Back in the day there was a shotgun something or another modem that was actually 2 modems in 1. Bonding 2x14.4k modems = woo.

At the end of the day, the fastest any single packet will traverse the WAN (for you) is 50Mbps.

Does it make things go faster? Sure. If you have a lot of stuff to move. Maybe you should add 2 more modems so you can have 4x50!

patt2k

join:2009-01-16
kudos:1
reply to SanAntonioTx
140$ for 100/10 connection lol.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:4
said by patt2k:

this is almost like At&t Uverse's plans to bond multiple twisted pair at the gateway to provide 45/6 to the home and I am hearing that some people are already seeing 50Mbps on a single line with their 24/3 being available. So At&t might be able to push that 100Mbps to the home but until they go higher in the profiles for VDSL2 they will top out at around 80-100Mbps in homes that can get 45Mbps. I am sticking with TWC though as I have a feeling this bump to 5.8 is likely really TWC offering a 6Mbps upstream but with the give of overhead as it is configured for 5.9Mbps upstream on extreme and ultimate. I will take my 320Mbps shared thanks

just comparing what San Antonio TX is doing to what At&t is doing

SanAntonioTx
Premium
join:2008-07-18
Venice, CA
so is it a good thing i've bonded my modems together

Matt7

join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Insight Communic..
reply to motorola870
said by motorola870:

said by patt2k:

this is almost like At&t Uverse's plans to bond multiple twisted pair at the gateway to provide 45/6 to the home and I am hearing that some people are already seeing 50Mbps on a single line with their 24/3 being available. So At&t might be able to push that 100Mbps to the home but until they go higher in the profiles for VDSL2 they will top out at around 80-100Mbps in homes that can get 45Mbps. I am sticking with TWC though as I have a feeling this bump to 5.8 is likely really TWC offering a 6Mbps upstream but with the give of overhead as it is configured for 5.9Mbps upstream on extreme and ultimate. I will take my 320Mbps shared thanks

just comparing what San Antonio TX is doing to what At&t is doing

With the only catch - TWC could offer him 100/10 with a single D3 CPE -- bonding two D3 modems together at the router level is not really giving any additional bandwidth from the node than what is already there to start -- Just not sold to customers in that way. [Since TWC does not offer higher than 50/5 speed tiers in most areas].