how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dmbcanada

join:2009-06-01
Canada

Rogers Cable

I am moving into a newly constructed home and their is a large grey service cable on the side of my house. Can we get that buried and hooked up to our house even if we are currently not Rogers customers?

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada
call the sales/ordering dept and find out if your address qualifies, also you can only get cable if the physical plant infastructure can deliver to your house, that means burried cables must be already in place on the boulevard of your street and there must be an existing street pedistal so they can tap into, if not, your looking at installation costs in the thousands, if not, tens of thousands
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!

TLS2000
Crazy Canuck
Premium
join:2004-02-24
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to dmbcanada
AFAIK, they will bury the cables in the whole neighbourhood all at once as part of the construction process. It may be months from now, but it'll happen.

They'll also connect it to the internal cable wire if they haven't done so already, regardless of whether you're a subscriber or not.
--
Tom

dmbcanada

join:2009-06-01
Canada
So I shouldn't have to call them, they will just come around and do this?

TLS2000
Crazy Canuck
Premium
join:2004-02-24
Mississauga, ON
I would call them if your neighbour's lines get buried and yours don't, but otherwise I'd just wait it out. They'll eventually take care of it.
--
Tom