Search similar:

uniqs

Contents
Contents
join:2003-04-10
Circle Pines, MN

Contents

DLNA Server.

One thing that I like about this routers features is the DLNA server. It is very easy to plug in a USB drive, enable DLNA, then view your content. Great for the person that doesn't want to have a computer always on running Plesk. With there being a ftp server you can transfer the files directly to the router or disconnect the USB drive and copy over your files.

I'm liking it.
elefante72
join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

1 recommendation

elefante72

It seems that for the crowd that wants features but to have factory support, this router is excellent. Cisco pretty much let Linksys die, so Asus stepped in and picked up the slack. The Buffalo routers are nice because you can put factory-supported ddwrt on them for well under half the price of this beast.

I bought a $40 TP-link and threw ddwrt on it. Works like a champ and has most of the features of the Asus w/ 3rd party firmware.

So I equate the Asus to the "Apple" of routers.

My concern with hardware is that after 6 months when the new rev comes out they stop updating firmware. So that is why I spend the bare minimum on routers and watch what the 3rd party community supports so extend the life...I mean I have WRT54g that are almost 8 years old chugging along w/ ddwrt stable as heck.