TSI Support
ISP Employee
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON

TSI Outages

ISP Employee

[Outages] Outage Report 08/27/2013 9:50AM

Hello Everyone,

We are experiencing issues for our cable Internet services in the following areas.

• Scarlett POI, Toronto - RF Signal issue
• Wolfdale POI, Mississauga - DHCP Issue
• Wolfdale POI, Mississauga - RF Signal issue

We are working to resolve these issues ASAP.

The following issue is resolved.

• Greensboro POI, York area - RF Signal issue - Resolved

Thank you,
TSI Shawn S
TSI Outages

TSI Outages

ISP Employee

Hello Everyone,

We are currently experiencing a SMTP issue with our Email service. Our NOC department is working ot resolve the issue asap.

The Wolfdale DHCP issue should be resolved shortly. Please Power cycle your modem to attain a new IP.

Thank you
TSI Shawn S
Wizza
join:2013-08-23

Wizza

Ok. So far no luck with Wolfdale DHCP issue @ L5V. Patiently waiting. Just like the last few days.
wizard12

wizard12 to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
No cable at L5V. Power cycled 2 times. NOTHING.
Wizza

Wizza

Well unlike last few days they did say that it will be "resolved shortly" rather than its "resolved already".
slvrsi
join:2009-09-08

slvrsi

Looks like people are still out.. i suspect mine isn't back up either as my router will try to pick up an ip every hour or so anyways).
slvrsi

slvrsi

Looks like the first wave of cancellations has started? 5 people in direct forums seems to have cancellation requests. is it related? I don't know.
AC77
Mississauga, ON

AC77 to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
L5M still no IP

Na59
@199.198.223.x

Na59

Anon

live in L5M, I gave up after 5 days of no internet and cancelled Teksavvy. I think alot of people will do the same.
shibbiness3
join:2012-10-28
Mississauga, ON

shibbiness3

I'm giving it till tonight. Got a rogers CSR to put a quote on my existing rogers account for a decent deal for internet. I'll be paying a bit more but I'll have unlimited bandwith, and I'll have internet.

edit- to stay relevant, I had someone at my house reboot the modem and give it a try around 2pm today, still not working. L5C (wolfdale is down the street from me maybe I should go give them a visit )
slvrsi

slvrsi

TSI - Any progress for a fix? status update? Whats going on with Rogers? Anything?
Wizza

Wizza to shibbiness3

to shibbiness3
shibbiness, what was the turn around time for install with Rogers? If I order tonight, can I get it by this week? The way things are looking with Teksavvy, sadly, I may have to move on after all these time with Teksavvy.

TLS2000
Premium Member
join:2004-02-24
Elmsdale, NS
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti U6-LR
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-nanoHD

TLS2000

Premium Member

If you go to a Rogers store, they should be able to provide you with a modem. You then go home and plug it in. You may need to call in to have it activated. Should take you about 30 minutes.

That's what's so frustrating about what Rogers does to TekSavvy customers. Why should people be waiting WEEKS for Rogers to do simple things when they can do it nearly instantly for their own customers?
Wizza

Wizza

Thanks for the info TLS2000. I just need to find a comparable deal from Rogers and then call in. I will wait for one last evening with Teksavvy to see if it ever works out with them. I do feel a little bad doing this but then this is affecting my work at this point.

TLS2000
Premium Member
Elmsdale, NS

TLS2000

Premium Member

It's sad that it plays right into Rogers' game too, but if you need to do it, it's understandable.
Wizza

Wizza

Survival of the fittest, what can I say ...
Twiin
join:2002-11-15
Toronto, ON

1 edit

Twiin to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
edit: nm
koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW
join:2005-01-08
Etobicoke, ON

koreyb to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
I would switch to START before going back to Rogers.. They are having issues, but doesn't seem to have the issues to the same degree. There is always DSL too.
Wizza

Wizza

Moved from DSL to Cable back in the days with Teksavvy. I don't think I will deal with a TPIAs any longer if I end up deciding to move
koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW
join:2005-01-08
Etobicoke, ON

koreyb

Well, that's your decision to make.. It just rewards the incumbents bad behaviour. I get where you are coming from though
geophilips6
join:2011-09-11

geophilips6 to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
My modem just went offline without an IP and came back on again with an IP. Weird. Did anyone get their issues fixed?
AC77
Mississauga, ON

AC77

Nope still out in L5M since the 21st.
slvrsi

slvrsi

Same. still out in L5M.

WWM
Divi filius
Premium Member
join:2002-12-19
Mississauga

WWM to TSI Outages

Premium Member

to TSI Outages
Still down at L5L. This is like an absurd joke at this point.
MelanCola
join:2013-08-26
Mississauga, ON

MelanCola to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
Still down in L5C.
ToniCipriani
join:2001-12-21
L6G

ToniCipriani to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
Back up around 5PM. Essentially no Internet since last night till 2 hours ago, thank goodness I didn't need to work from home today.

I'm still sort of mystified why the DHCP issue wasn't mentioned for McNicoll which I'm on... guess this is aggregated?

TLS2000
Premium Member
Elmsdale, NS
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti U6-LR
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-nanoHD

TLS2000 to WWM

Premium Member

to WWM
said by WWM:

Still down at L5L. This is like an absurd joke at this point.

I think it's absurd that we live in the same neighbourhood and I haven't had one issue.

MikeinClarks
@rogers.com

MikeinClarks to TSI Outages

Anon

to TSI Outages
Thank you for the info and when I get back home I'll try to power cycle the modem again.
I'm at L5J (Clarkson) and I've been down for six days now. I only switched over to TSI on Aug 11th so this is incredibly frustrating.
Wizza

Wizza to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
My last report on outages as I have decided to move on with another provider.

8:52 pm , no IP received by modem @ Wolfdale, Mississauga, L5V

L5V
@184.151.190.x

L5V

Anon

L5V area as well. Down since Friday last week; still nothing - so sad. Must be a world record. Looking at alternative right now.