spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

WR

@rogers.com

Why do i need a subpoena to see the contents of my ticket?

I've been told this by two different senior supervisors at trek savvy while I'm into my third week of not having my Internet fixed.

What can possibly be in this ticket that i need to take you to court to have a peek at my own information???

No one seemed to have an answer as to why, and the 1st tier technicians seemed surprised when i told them that their supervisors had told me that i would need a subpoena to see my ticket. One even said that his training told him that i should be able to see my ticket whenever i want.

Why is there no customer facing ticket systemat tek savvy? What is there to hide? Why is the no internal consistency with your communications?

TSI Jon
Premium
join:2011-08-24
canada
kudos:10

Hi WR,

I'd like to take a closer look and investigate this, could you PM me your account information ( TSI Jon See Profile ) please?

We can tell you what the content is or the replies we received from our vendor and our back and forth. We just won't share confidential specific information, like the name of the representatives, of who we are dealing with on our vendors side as it is confidential information.

Eventually we will be making the status of customers tickets available in our MyWorld portal for customers to know when there is an update on their tickets.

Cheers,

TSI Jonathan
--
Online Experience Manager
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

WR

@rogers.com

Hi john,

Thanks for the quick reply.

So, based on that bit of information, it just sounds like the vendors don't want any names shared.

If that is the case, should we be able to request an unedited copy of our tickets with the vendor names removed?

I'll pass my details along to you.

bbiab

join:2004-05-26
reply to TSI Jon

said by TSI Jon:

Eventually we will be making the status of customers tickets available in our MyWorld portal for customers to know when there is an update on their tickets.

Cheers,

TSI Jonathan

I don't think I am exaggerating when I suggest it has been pushing two years now we have been hearing this, possibly even three by now. And I would like to know the reason for holding back now two months and counting on mail.teksavvy.com web interface, which appeared to be working just fine when we caught a glimpse two months ago. I have rarely used webmail.teksavvy.com it looks awful.

Wryder

join:2013-08-27
reply to TSI Jon

It has suddenly gotten very quiet in here...

TSI Jon
Premium
canada

1 edit
reply to WR

Sorry, lots of other stuff going on right now, as long as no personal information is given out, I don't see a problem with it. I've just provided word for word everything that was communicated from us and our vendor and removed everything that was private info through PM to WR (email addresses, names, etc). Most of that information is provided over the phone or in direct threads anyways.

(I.e. We received the following response from our vendor...we submitted the following information to our vendor.)

Nothing to hide between whats going on with someone's account, it's the privacy portion that can't be shared and sending a full transcript will have that info in there which we can't and won't do.

As for the myworld portion. We have been talking about it for a long time but it is still in our projections, we are just being thrown other more prioritized things and things get re-evaluated as time goes by. Doesn't mean that it will not come eventually. It will but we would rather fix more important things first.

TSI Jonathan
--

ticketssmick

@204.101.17.x
reply to WR

Tickets that are sent to vendors are the property of said vendor and those vendors do not release such info to anyone without a court requirement. A customer can request account notes by law but anything beyond that is out of the scope and will not be provided. It's been like that for years for the big 3.

Teksavvy may be willing to share their side of the ticket process but anything coming from the vendor I am betting they will not.

Wryder

reply to TSI Jon

Hi John,

I really -REALLY- hope that the contents of the ticket you just me is either grossly paired down and factually incorrect or else I've been OPENLY LIED TO FOR THE LAST TWO WEEKS BY EVERY MEMBER OF YOUR TEAM.

I've been told ON MULTIPLE OCCASIONS that my tickets have been escalated to rank C REPEATEDLY. I've also been told that our requests to speak to a manager was put in the ticket system, also multiple times. I see no mention of those points.

If this is in fact the entirety of my ticket, I am aghast and embarrassed by how incomplete your record tracking has been given the number of times I've spoken to your technicians and all the random pieces of information they have given me.

When I requested an unedited copy, I meant EVERYTHING except the names.

This is shameful. I feel shame for your company and your ticket system.

scottan

join:2007-08-04
reply to WR

... and that's the reason that providers keep tickets to themselves. Every customer who sees their own ticket will find something to critique and demand response on. Then the provider has to fix the issue AND carry on a PR dialogue on every ticket.

I've been on both sides of the ticket. For my part: keep the ticket, fix the stuff.

TSI Jon
Premium
canada
reply to Wryder

Hi Wryder,

What I've provided you was basically a timeline as to when we submitted the escalations off to our vendor which is reflected on the notes from your account. They could have been handled faster on our side which I believe it is what you are referring to and I will ensure to investigate your account thoroughly (logs and phone calls) to see how you were misinformed. I will ensure proper action/coaching is performed on those agents if necessary and I sincerely apologize about that in advance.

I do see you spoke to a supervisor last night around 7ish and you've expressed that you were lied to. His notes reflect that he updated you as to where your account was standing and that he was sending a next level escalation (escalation C) at that point.

I apologize once again. I will look further into it.

Thank you,

TSI Jonathan
--

Wryder

reply to scottan

Hi Scott,

Thank you for bringing forward how important this PR dialogue actually is.

I'm sorry to immediately say you are totally, utterly wrong, but you are totally, utterly wrong.

This discussion needs to happen because this communication Obfuscation is at the root of all the current unrest that tek savvy customers are expressing.

If tek savvy had been transparent with the status of tickets, what information is being recorded, how the requests are going to Rogers and being ignored, i would feel better about the situation.

When every technician tells me different information, when every communication leads to more questions, when no one will give me a straight answer and every one of hiding the facts and ticket details, that is when the users get upset and blame trek savvy.

The communication chains here are wretched and people feel helpless. That is why this discussion needs to happen.

What is tek savvy going to do, John?

Wryder

reply to TSI Jon

Thanks again for the reply john. On one hand, I'm glad that you sent me a " basic time line" and that there is in fact further details to my ticket. I'm disappointed that you sent me a basic time line when i requested the full contents of the ticket with names removed.

Can we try that again, this time with ALL the notes?

ticketssmick

@204.101.17.x

1 recommendation

reply to scottan

said by scottan:

... and that's the reason that providers keep tickets to themselves. Every customer who sees their own ticket will find something to critique and demand response on. Then the provider has to fix the issue AND carry on a PR dialogue on every ticket.

I've been on both sides of the ticket. For my part: keep the ticket, fix the stuff.

OP is blowing this completely up because he/she/it doesn't understand how it works or how to take NO for an answer.

ticketssmick

@204.101.17.x
reply to Wryder

said by Wryder :

Thanks again for the reply john. On one hand, I'm glad that you sent me a " basic time line" and that there is in fact further details to my ticket. I'm disappointed that you sent me a basic time line when i requested the full contents of the ticket with names removed.

Can we try that again, this time with ALL the notes?

I suspect you have all the notes you are entitled to have or they would have sent them already.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to Wryder

Hello Wryder,

The tickets/transcripts include communications and information related to our suppliers which TekSavvy is under a contractual obligation to keep confidential.

This is why the full details will not be sent. What Jon sent you is all you should need.

Thanks,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Online & Operations Intelligence

TekSavvy Website | TekSavvy Blog | Follow Me on Twitter (@AndreCleroux)

Wryder

reply to ticketssmick

Hi anonymous user (aka ticketssmick),

Thanks for chiming in.

Three points for you.

One - this isn't blowing this up. This is the third week of this outage. I'm not the only person complaining about these types of issues. Just look at the rest of the posts on the forum. Most of the ones ones on the front page are about how people are pissed of South how tek savvy is handling their problems.

Two - i am an it manager for a private business that manages and maintains our ticket system and the customer relations with our users. I know perfectly well how a GOOD ticket system operates. My users have access to all of their ticket notes and updates and are free to comment on their tickets to request updates. There is no more than a 24 hour turn around on requests for information. If i ran my help desk like these people, i would get fired.

Three - i am paying for a service. I am not being provided with said service. Why the hell should i have to take.no for an answer? I'm paying for NOTHING right now, so i think i deserve some information.

So you are right, i will NOT take no for an answer.

Wizza

join:2013-08-23

I am wondering if anyone inquired with the local news papers that if they would like to run this story. Tek customer service, Rogers's deliberate negligence in handling TPIA issues, customers without internet for weeks etc. Seems like there is a lot of material here.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5

Guess who owns the papers... oh right the vertically integrated incumbents oops?

elitedev

join:2013-05-05
Chatham, ON
reply to Wryder

What else could you possibly need? You think all the notes Teksavvy has where they checked for updates from their vendor and received nothing will change anything? The only relevant information is we are all waiting for Rogers to fix the problem, that's it.

Wryder

Hi elitedev,

I think you are missing the point on the whole transparency discussion.

What Jon told me and what each of the agents the phone have been telling me are ALL DIFFERENT THINGS. Is that OK? They're openly lying to customers! Where's the policies and procedures? Where are the facts? Where is the truth? Why was I told that my ticket was escalated to rank C two weeks ago and then we find out today that it 'might' have been escalated to a C a couple days ago?

This means one of two things:

a) TekSavvy CS has been instructed to lie to customers to get them off the phone
b) TekSavvy CS does not have all the information or training that they need.

You're%u2026 okay with these options? This is what you would consider good customer service?

At this point it isn't even about fixing the damn problem. I know that Tek Savvy is completely impotent to resolve the situation with Rogers. That information isn't relevant to me at this point.

What I want to know now is what the HELL have these people been putting in the ticket to have it be bounced in so many different directions. I've been promised so many different things by these technicians that I've lost track and I haven't received anything!

Were these notes even created? Do I really need to start recording my conversations with the CS reps so that we can all keep the facts straight?

It is about respect for the customers and not obfuscating the truth. It is about the customer having faith in their ISP, and that point is ESPECIALLY true for Tek Savvy.

iknow_t

join:2012-05-03
reply to WR

the cable company is subject to the franchise agreement with the town, try them. if this is happening to a lot of people, document that, and bring that to the town too.

Twiin

join:2002-11-15
Toronto, ON
reply to Wizza

said by Wizza:

I am wondering if anyone inquired with the local news papers that if they would like to run this story. Tek customer service, Rogers's deliberate negligence in handling TPIA issues, customers without internet for weeks etc. Seems like there is a lot of material here.

CBC reporters have been asking people on Twitter about the Teksavvy outage, so I imagine there's a story in the works.

Ummmnoos

@204.101.17.x
reply to iknow_t

said by iknow_t:

the cable company is subject to the franchise agreement with the town, try them. if this is happening to a lot of people, document that, and bring that to the town too.

This is canada, no such thing.

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
reply to Twiin

said by Twiin:

CBC reporters have been asking people on Twitter about the Teksavvy outage, so I imagine there's a story in the works.

It's not really a TSI outage per se when all of the issues are a result of Rogers network upgrades and are on Rogers network; most of the upgrading even affects Rogers own customers. But this really needs to be taken up with the CRTC as Rogers handling of the issues has been horrendously bad.

Twiin

join:2002-11-15
Toronto, ON

said by 34764170:

It's not really a TSI outage per se when all of the issues are a result of Rogers network upgrades and are on Rogers network; most of the upgrading even affects Rogers own customers. But this really needs to be taken up with the CRTC as Rogers handling of the issues has been horrendously bad.

If the people on TSI can't pull an IP or get a modem provisioned and their neighbours on Rogers can pull an IP and get a modem provisioned then it is absolutely a TSI outage, even if the ghost of Ted Rogers himself is cutting the wires at TSI with a pair of garden shears.

Wizza

join:2013-08-23
reply to 34764170

It is a Teksavvy outage when Teksavvy customers don't have the service. And these so called upgrades did not affect Rogers customers to the extent to what we have experienced. My neighbor had less than 4 hours outage in the entire 14 days in total. During this time, I had NO INTERNET.

koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to Twiin

said by Twiin:

said by 34764170:

If the people on TSI can't pull an IP or get a modem provisioned and their neighbours on Rogers can pull an IP and get a modem provisioned then it is absolutely a TSI outage, even if the ghost of Ted Rogers himself is cutting the wires at TSI with a pair of garden shears.

But one flaw with your logic. TSI isn't in control of the DHCP server, or RF network... Rogers is. so Technically it's a ROGERS issue, that is effecting TPIA ISP's. Rogers is putting their own customers ahead of TPIA on repairs. This is why we are seeing this happen. This will only change once the CRTC installs rules OR we force end user networks to be provider neutral.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Start Communicat..

that isn't exactly true, it sounds really like the way Rogers handles TPIAs is they can't accommodate and work with TSI's large customer base. it seems they can't ever add enough new IP blocks to their DHCP servers because of TSI's large growth, this is why it's not affecting other TPIAs who are growing a smaller rate and also Rogers customers.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to iknow_t

said by iknow_t:

You're in the States obviously ... that's not how it works in Canada. Cable companies are regulated by the CRTC ... (Canadian equivalent of the FCC). The town/city has absolutely nothing to do with the cable company and where or if they operate.

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
reply to Twiin

said by Twiin:

When Rogers own customers are having outages due to the same upgrades it is NOT a TSI specific outage.