Search similar:

uniqs

pussim13
join:2013-08-19
Waterloo, ON

1 recommendation

pussim13

[Outages] How much patience do you expect your customers to have

How much patience are we expected to have?
THis has gone beyond ridiculous.
Last week for me in Waterloo the internet wasn't working..things week I can't send emails..this has been going on since I signed up with Teksavvy about 9 months ago..I was told this was a great ISP and on and on..but my experience has been anything but..
I am trying to run a business and while I can possibly live with temporary web outages the email is a killer..
IT is high time that this bullshit gets figured out.
Eventually your customer base will have had enough and your company will be in the toilet....the stench has already begun.
Fix it now..if Rogers is the problem then find another solution..but do something...
koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW
join:2005-01-08
Etobicoke, ON

koreyb

Re: [Outages] How much patience do you expect your customers to

There is a solution... Switch to DSL.. It gets rid of any ROGERS issues.

Based on the system now.. unless the CRTC steps in, there is no way for TSI to MAKE rogers move faster. there is no way for TSI to bring in their own Techs to fix the issue either as RF and DCHP is all fully operated and controlled by rogers.

All tpia providers are having these issues, as rogers is upgrading but ignoring TPIA customers and put them on very low priority to fix. I hope after all this, the CRTC is asked to fix this mess once and for all, but it seems the ISP's are not willing to rock the boat unless it's a last resort.
The Mongoose
join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

The Mongoose

koreyb is right. If it's key to your business, switch to DSL. As for webmail...I don't think it's going to be a priority for a while. I gave up on 3rd party email servers a long time ago and moved everything to Google Apps, which was the best move I've made. Not a moment of email trouble since.
DennisLX
join:2010-02-07

DennisLX to pussim13

to pussim13

gmail imap + thunderbird or any mobile email app = problems solved forever...

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to The Mongoose

Premium Member

to The Mongoose

We are working hard on email issues. (along with other things i.e. outages/delays)
davey6693
join:2012-04-04
Waterloo, ON

davey6693 to DennisLX

to DennisLX

+1 on the email. I won't ever switch from Google, not only because of reliability but because you can switch ISPs at the drop of a hat with no email changes.
josh7878
join:2012-11-01
K2J5T2

josh7878 to pussim13

to pussim13
I didn't know that Teksavvy did Business Cable. Or are you running your business on a residential service?

While the Rogers cable issues are terrible, you should really be using a service with a better SLA for your business if it's that important to you.

Anom
@opera-mini.net

Anom to koreyb

Anon

to koreyb

said by koreyb:

Based on the system now.. unless the CRTC steps in, there is no way for TSI to MAKE rogers move faster. there is no way for TSI to bring in their own Techs to fix the issue either as RF and DCHP is all fully operated and controlled by rogers.

All tpia providers are having these issues, as rogers is upgrading but ignoring TPIA customers and put them on very low priority to fix. I hope after all this, the CRTC is asked to fix this mess once and for all, but it seems the ISP's are not willing to rock the boat unless it's a last resort.

Come on. How can CRTC steps in if TSI doesn't do anything? TSI should make complain to CRTC or media in order to make it an issue. Right now I just don't see anything like that happening. The only people suffer are the consumers who paid money without proper service. Do something TSI. At least show us you are trying.
Also I know Rogers customers usually will receive a free month when something like this happens. It makes me to think that Rogers compensates TSI for the loss but not going to the customers and TSI is just sitting there collecting money.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

And TSI have said several times that they are doing something about this, but aren't at liberty to say. Remember if they bite Rogers hand, Rogers can simply make matters even worse without violating the regulations that are currently in place.
The Mongoose
join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

The Mongoose to Anom

to Anom
said by Anom :

said by koreyb:

Come on. How can CRTC steps in if TSI doesn't do anything? TSI should make complain to CRTC or media in order to make it an issue. Right now I just don't see anything like that happening. The only people suffer are the consumers who paid money without proper service. Do something TSI. At least show us you are trying.
Also I know Rogers customers usually will receive a free month when something like this happens. It makes me to think that Rogers compensates TSI for the loss but not going to the customers and TSI is just sitting there collecting money.

Ridiculous. You have no idea what's happening behind the scenes with the CRTC. TekSavvy can't come out and publicly attack Rogers unless they want things to actually get WORSE.