spc
uniqs
macnbc
join:2009-01-12
Arlington, VA

macnbc to ndguy48317

to ndguy48317

Re: [X1] Self Install X1 question

I hadn't heard of any SIKs for the X1 yet so that is surprising. The reason why is because a tech needs to install a MoCA filter on your line.
ndguy48317
join:2013-08-27
Utica, MI

ndguy48317

So, do you suggest I call Xfinity and inquire before it gets here?
ndguy48317

ndguy48317 to macnbc

to macnbc
You guys were correct. ugh, so now I have a regular box coming out, but I have to wait for it to be delivered, then call for the X1 Tech to come out with the new box. ugh, frustrating. I should of just called. I got too excited. thanks for all the help.
joejoejeo
join:2006-04-02
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo

you can't get x1 without triple play so you would need phone as well with comcast

flwpwr
@comcast.net

flwpwr to ndguy48317

Anon

to ndguy48317
said by ndguy48317:

You guys were correct. ugh, so now I have a regular box coming out, but I have to wait for it to be delivered, then call for the X1 Tech to come out with the new box. ugh, frustrating. I should of just called. I got too excited. thanks for all the help.

Whether this is valid will vary by FFO.

For isntance we launched it 2 weeks now so this would not be a valid job in my FFO, some areas have had it for over a year such as California, so they will do this.

I'd personally CANCEL the sik, schedule a install and let it go that way. Because mark my works this is going to end up fubared by the time the tech gets there.
macnbc
Arlington, VA

macnbc to joejoejeo

to joejoejeo
said by joejoejeo:

you can't get x1 without triple play so you would need phone as well with comcast

This is not necessarily true. I have only TV and Internet and I have X1. Of course, I had to do some serious kicking and screaming to get it, but they do make exceptions.
joejoejeo
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo

how did you get x1 with just tv and internet

R32Raines
Premium Member
join:2003-03-01
La Vergne, TN

2 edits

R32Raines to joejoejeo

Premium Member

to joejoejeo
said by joejoejeo:

I have only TV from CC. I was offered X1 when I inquired about it, with only a change in price for the dvr I have. I even had it noted on my account to offer this to me if I decided to pull the trigger on it, along with a reduced rate/or free install..

Edit: Let me add that I was talking to retentions when I was offered this.
joejoejeo
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo

they told me the same thing that i could get x1 dvr by it's self but when they tried to add it to the account it would not let them becuase the requirements were not met becuase i dont have triple play.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to R32Raines

to R32Raines
I think ONLY certain people within each region can over ride those criteria and only under certain circumstances.
Problem is finding those certain people and circumstances to get it done.
joejoejeo
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo

how do you find them then
rendrenner
join:2005-09-03
Grandville, MI

rendrenner to joejoejeo

to joejoejeo
said by joejoejeo:

Starting today customers can get X1 with Starter and Preferred double plays.
joejoejeo
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo

were did you get your info
rendrenner
Grandville, MI

rendrenner

From Comcast email
joejoejeo
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo

what area are you in
rendrenner
Grandville, MI

rendrenner

well according to the little letters below my name I am in Grandville Michigan.
joejoejeo
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo

ok so your in the heartland region of Comcast right
rendrenner
Grandville, MI

rendrenner

yep. it should be everywhere tho not just here
joejoejeo
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo

im in bloomingotn, indiana but im in that region as well
macnbc
Arlington, VA

macnbc to joejoejeo

to joejoejeo
said by joejoejeo:

how did you get x1 with just tv and internet

Contact Executive Customer Service. You can usually reach them on Twitter (@comcastcares) or by using the "Send Tom Feedback" link on this page: »www.comcast.com/Corporat ··· ect=true

I asked nicely and pointed out how much better their competitors' equipment was to mine, and lo and behold I got a phone call the next day saying they'd make an exception and get me an X1 box.
joejoejeo
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo

ok i just sent Tom an email so I will respond in tomorrow what happened
joejoejeo

1 edit

joejoejeo

i just got off the phone with comcast and they told me I can't get x1 with double play because i have a resedetial account that is linked with a bulk account and that bulk accounts are not eligable for x1 unless you get triple play which they offered me for $69.99 for the first 12 months which i dont want