spc
uniqs

ticketssmick
@204.101.17.x

1 recommendation

ticketssmick to scottan

Anon

to scottan

Re: Why do i need a subpoena to see the contents of my ticket?

said by scottan:

... and that's the reason that providers keep tickets to themselves. Every customer who sees their own ticket will find something to critique and demand response on. Then the provider has to fix the issue AND carry on a PR dialogue on every ticket.

I've been on both sides of the ticket. For my part: keep the ticket, fix the stuff.

OP is blowing this completely up because he/she/it doesn't understand how it works or how to take NO for an answer.
Wryder
join:2013-08-27

Wryder

Hi anonymous user (aka ticketssmick),

Thanks for chiming in.

Three points for you.

One - this isn't blowing this up. This is the third week of this outage. I'm not the only person complaining about these types of issues. Just look at the rest of the posts on the forum. Most of the ones ones on the front page are about how people are pissed of South how tek savvy is handling their problems.

Two - i am an it manager for a private business that manages and maintains our ticket system and the customer relations with our users. I know perfectly well how a GOOD ticket system operates. My users have access to all of their ticket notes and updates and are free to comment on their tickets to request updates. There is no more than a 24 hour turn around on requests for information. If i ran my help desk like these people, i would get fired.

Three - i am paying for a service. I am not being provided with said service. Why the hell should i have to take.no for an answer? I'm paying for NOTHING right now, so i think i deserve some information.

So you are right, i will NOT take no for an answer.
Wizza
join:2013-08-23

Wizza

I am wondering if anyone inquired with the local news papers that if they would like to run this story. Tek customer service, Rogers's deliberate negligence in handling TPIA issues, customers without internet for weeks etc. Seems like there is a lot of material here.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

Guess who owns the papers... oh right the vertically integrated incumbents oops?
elitedev
join:2013-05-05
Chatham, ON

elitedev to Wryder

to Wryder
What else could you possibly need? You think all the notes Teksavvy has where they checked for updates from their vendor and received nothing will change anything? The only relevant information is we are all waiting for Rogers to fix the problem, that's it.
Wryder
join:2013-08-27

Wryder

Hi elitedev,

I think you are missing the point on the whole transparency discussion.

What Jon told me and what each of the agents the phone have been telling me are ALL DIFFERENT THINGS. Is that OK? They're openly lying to customers! Where's the policies and procedures? Where are the facts? Where is the truth? Why was I told that my ticket was escalated to rank C two weeks ago and then we find out today that it 'might' have been escalated to a C a couple days ago?

This means one of two things:

a) TekSavvy CS has been instructed to lie to customers to get them off the phone
b) TekSavvy CS does not have all the information or training that they need.

You're%u2026 okay with these options? This is what you would consider good customer service?

At this point it isn't even about fixing the damn problem. I know that Tek Savvy is completely impotent to resolve the situation with Rogers. That information isn't relevant to me at this point.

What I want to know now is what the HELL have these people been putting in the ticket to have it be bounced in so many different directions. I've been promised so many different things by these technicians that I've lost track and I haven't received anything!

Were these notes even created? Do I really need to start recording my conversations with the CS reps so that we can all keep the facts straight?

It is about respect for the customers and not obfuscating the truth. It is about the customer having faith in their ISP, and that point is ESPECIALLY true for Tek Savvy.
Twiin
join:2002-11-15
Toronto, ON

Twiin to Wizza

to Wizza
said by Wizza:

I am wondering if anyone inquired with the local news papers that if they would like to run this story. Tek customer service, Rogers's deliberate negligence in handling TPIA issues, customers without internet for weeks etc. Seems like there is a lot of material here.

CBC reporters have been asking people on Twitter about the Teksavvy outage, so I imagine there's a story in the works.
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned)

said by Twiin:

CBC reporters have been asking people on Twitter about the Teksavvy outage, so I imagine there's a story in the works.

It's not really a TSI outage per se when all of the issues are a result of Rogers network upgrades and are on Rogers network; most of the upgrading even affects Rogers own customers. But this really needs to be taken up with the CRTC as Rogers handling of the issues has been horrendously bad.
Twiin
join:2002-11-15
Toronto, ON

Twiin

said by 34764170:

It's not really a TSI outage per se when all of the issues are a result of Rogers network upgrades and are on Rogers network; most of the upgrading even affects Rogers own customers. But this really needs to be taken up with the CRTC as Rogers handling of the issues has been horrendously bad.

If the people on TSI can't pull an IP or get a modem provisioned and their neighbours on Rogers can pull an IP and get a modem provisioned then it is absolutely a TSI outage, even if the ghost of Ted Rogers himself is cutting the wires at TSI with a pair of garden shears.
Wizza
join:2013-08-23

Wizza to 34764170

to 34764170
It is a Teksavvy outage when Teksavvy customers don't have the service. And these so called upgrades did not affect Rogers customers to the extent to what we have experienced. My neighbor had less than 4 hours outage in the entire 14 days in total. During this time, I had NO INTERNET.
koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW
join:2005-01-08
Etobicoke, ON

koreyb to Twiin

to Twiin
said by Twiin:

said by 34764170:

If the people on TSI can't pull an IP or get a modem provisioned and their neighbours on Rogers can pull an IP and get a modem provisioned then it is absolutely a TSI outage, even if the ghost of Ted Rogers himself is cutting the wires at TSI with a pair of garden shears.

But one flaw with your logic. TSI isn't in control of the DHCP server, or RF network... Rogers is. so Technically it's a ROGERS issue, that is effecting TPIA ISP's. Rogers is putting their own customers ahead of TPIA on repairs. This is why we are seeing this happen. This will only change once the CRTC installs rules OR we force end user networks to be provider neutral.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck

that isn't exactly true, it sounds really like the way Rogers handles TPIAs is they can't accommodate and work with TSI's large customer base. it seems they can't ever add enough new IP blocks to their DHCP servers because of TSI's large growth, this is why it's not affecting other TPIAs who are growing a smaller rate and also Rogers customers.
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned) to Twiin

to Twiin
said by Twiin:

When Rogers own customers are having outages due to the same upgrades it is NOT a TSI specific outage.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck

there's so many differen't outages here, Rogers users and other TPIAs aren't having DHCP related issues. the RF issues are Rogers wide tho.
javierg9
join:2011-09-21
Toronto, ON

javierg9 to Wryder

to Wryder
...well said. +1
javierg9

javierg9 to elitedev

to elitedev
I think you're missing his point - either that or you haven't read the entire thread.
javierg9

javierg9 to Twiin

to Twiin
Haahaaha , good one - the ghost of Ted Rogers....