Search similar:

uniqs
DeViLzzz
join:2004-07-29
Sarnia, ON

2 edits

DeViLzzz

[INTERNET] I haven't had much to complain about my internet but

I haven't had much to complain about my internet but I have to question how it is that I went to bed seeing 200 GB flat usage as my total for the month and I shut down my only pc connected to the net and yet I then used 1.2 GB ???? I have no other devices right now using it remotely nor had anyone in the building done this. I understand internet usage meters are not generally accurate but they should be if there is usage and overages in place with internet companies.

Anyway just wondering how it is my usage went up when the internet was not being used by anyone in my household for 7+ hrs ?

Generally love the Start.ca experience and definitely recommend it to others but just want to figure out what is going on here. When 8 am hit I had no downloads going still so it wasn't downloading past 8 am that did anything.

I just checked my email and as of 9 am today I got an email saying I was right on 200 GB. Go figure.

I guess I am happy it is 50 cents a GB and not what the big boys charge but if this meter keeps adding 100 MB here and there which I don't see it doing now or often then that 50 cents turns into some serious money quickly.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

Re: [INTERNET] I haven't had much to complain about my internet

Hmm, I'm not sure what time you shut things off, but I don't really see a big lull when looking at the usage for the day. Ie, it was pretty consistently until 12:00, quiet until about 12:45, used until 1:30, quiet again until 1:55 and then obviously scheduled usage. I suspect the 1.2GB is the combination of traffic between 12:45-1:30 as well as the early start on the 2am window - you might want to set your schedule to start at 2:10 instead to make sure your clocks aren't drifted a few minutes.
DeViLzzz
join:2004-07-29
Sarnia, ON

DeViLzzz

For this situation I was up and set the downloads to start quite a bit after 2 am on this occasion. Quite honestly what I need to do is get all this downloading of Steam games, Green Man Gaming games, GameFly games and more that I have bought onto my son's computer and be done with it and get back to gaming.

I hate how I have even used usage in the day at times to download things and watch YouTube videos when I want to get back to doing what I was doing for a short while and that was playing games while streaming them in 720p+ on Twitch. When doing that and having just 200 GB for normal hours you can't be using it up for other stuff.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

I hear ya, I'm supposed to be on vacation today catching up on MW3.