dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
iknow_t
join:2012-05-03

iknow_t to WR

to WR

Re: Why do i need a subpoena to see the contents of my ticket?

the cable company is subject to the franchise agreement with the town, try them. if this is happening to a lot of people, document that, and bring that to the town too.

Ummmnoos
@204.101.17.x

Ummmnoos

Anon

said by iknow_t:

the cable company is subject to the franchise agreement with the town, try them. if this is happening to a lot of people, document that, and bring that to the town too.

This is canada, no such thing.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook to iknow_t

Mod

to iknow_t
said by iknow_t:

You're in the States obviously ... that's not how it works in Canada. Cable companies are regulated by the CRTC ... (Canadian equivalent of the FCC). The town/city has absolutely nothing to do with the cable company and where or if they operate.
iknow_t
join:2012-05-03

iknow_t

said by sbrook:

said by iknow_t:

You're in the States obviously ... that's not how it works in Canada. Cable companies are regulated by the CRTC ... (Canadian equivalent of the FCC). The town/city has absolutely nothing to do with the cable company and where or if they operate.

then I feel sorry for those that live in Canada, seeing all the problems the CRTC ignores.. Canada copies many things from the U.S., sadly, it seems accountability for ISPs is not one of them.
javierg9
join:2011-09-21
Toronto, ON

javierg9 to iknow_t

to iknow_t
...again with this 'town' thing, lol