Home of The Rat Patrol
MVM
join:2001-03-31
Saint Louis, MO

3 recommendations

jopfef

MVM

[Chat] Summer!

Thought I would share this comic from my daily collection. Enjoy!!!

(Plus, it has a Doxie in it! )

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
MVM
join:2004-04-27
Out Grazing

3 recommendations

squirt

MVM

Speaking of summer, I saw a notice on a building door as I was making my way to my office today. It said that there would be limited heat in the building for the next few days. And no, they didn't mean that there'd be limited cooling in the building.

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

1 recommendation

signmeuptoo94 to jopfef

Premium Member

to jopfef
Here in Icky ville summer is just about over, it comes to an end pretty quick. What worries me is winter this year. I heard on the news that The Farmer's Almanac predicts a pretty rough winter, and I am thinking, oh please Lord, not again.

jopfef
Home of The Rat Patrol
MVM
Saint Louis, MO

jopfef

MVM

said by signmeuptoo94:

...What worries me is winter this year. I heard on the news that The Farmer's Almanac predicts a pretty rough winter...

Mark, the news from Farmer's Almanac isn't at all surprising to me. I watch Mother Nature all the time. For the first time ever, spiders here started to web up in early July. I've never seen that happen before, in all my years of watching. Last year, they started to web up in late July, and we got hammered over the winter. So I can only guess what this coming winter will be like -- and am pretty sure it'll be worse than last winter!

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
NanoParticle

1 recommendation

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

My Alain is scolding me for "thinking too much in advance", but last Winter's hundred year storm was a real ordeal. I almost ended up stuck at work for 3 days (I would have had no way to get home) It was horrible. Walking under an overpass a snow truck sloshed 100 pound of slush down and just missed my head, my pants got soaked and I walked home in the freezing cold wet. I got sick immediately. What a tough time.

And when it gets icy and snowy it is very hard walking up or down my steep hill.

But come what may, I'll keep going, but I sure would love a mild winter. I suppose the climate's change means extreme weather is here to stay. This time last year we were facing a hurricane...

jopfef
Home of The Rat Patrol
MVM
Saint Louis, MO

jopfef

MVM

said by signmeuptoo94:

...And when it gets icy and snowy it is very hard walking up or down my steep hill.

Mark, did you get YakTrax yet???

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
NanoParticle

1 recommendation

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

I haven't forgotten them. Definite on my list.