spc
Search similar:

uniqs
TonyMan
join:2002-10-01
Lisle, IL

TonyMan

[HD] Remote Codes for a Proscan TV

I have been all over the net and none of the Comcast codes I find will work with my Comcast Remote. I have the dark silver remote and the TV is a Proscan PLED1945A LED/DVD COMBO. None of the Comcast suggested codes work, that I why I searched the web. I found one posting saying that Proscan's customer service is helpful but all I got was , :We don't keep codes here"!

Wondering if anyone out there has a clue on what to try.

Thanks

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

beachintech

Premium Member

Try the manual scan (Outlined in the instruction booklet). If you don't have it I can post the sequence.
TonyMan
Lisle, IL

TonyMan

Thanks, I see those instructions in the manual, but it appears that could be quite a task since there are 5 digits. Since they have you put the "1" in at the start, that still leaves 10,000 possibilities. I was hoping that maybe someone had the same set and the correct code.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

beachintech

Premium Member

From my experience as a field tech, Proscan TV's can use any number of different manufacturers codes. I always did the manual scan, it only takes a few minutes to find one that works.
TonyMan
Lisle, IL

TonyMan

OK man, I'll give it a try & report back.
TonyMan

TonyMan

I tried for about 15 minutes & nothing worked so I quit. Proscan has a different manual than what was with the set. they give a custom codes of 00F7 & 08F7. I converted that to decimal added the leading 1, but nothing. The manual also says the TV follow NECs universal remote code. Not sure what that means, so I tried the NEC TV code, bit nothing there either.

Oh well
obckilroy
join:2011-11-16

obckilroy to TonyMan

to TonyMan
tv's with a built in dvd and/or vcr combos don't play nice with the comcast remote codes...
try some of the dvd player codes, that sometimes helps