Search similar:

uniqs

jimCab
@rogers.com

jimCab

Anon

[Extreme Plus] Roommate didn't pay her Rogers Internet Account

Hello Everyone

My roommate who holds the Rogers Internet account for the house has been collecting money from us but not paying her bill.

I called Rogers because she is moving out and I didn't want our service to be interrupted.
They told me her account was $700 in arrears and that Rogers would be blocking our street address from Rogers service until the account was paid.
I was able to access the information because she added my name to the account years ago.

My questions are: If my address is blocked by Rogers, will I be able to sign up for Teksavvy or Acanac cable internet under my own name?

Can Rogers go after me financially if only my name was added to the account without my permission?

Thanks for your help
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

Re: [Extreme Plus] Roommate didn't pay her Rogers Internet Accou

Rogers definitely will not go after you.

Also Rogers doesn't block addresses unless there is an extensive history of disconnects due to non-payment. One delinquent customer is not enough to block the address.

If there has been an established history at that address for non-payment and Rogers does in fact block the address, I don't think anyone really has a clear answer as to whether you can get TPIA service or not. Rogers permanently blocking an address for non-payment is rare. Also, Rogers uses the same system that they use for their own customers to provision TPIA customers so there is a chance you may run into some roadblocks trying to setup service with a TPIA provider.
ArizonaSteve
join:2004-01-31
Apache Junction, AZ

ArizonaSteve to jimCab

to jimCab
If they can't collect it from her then they will probably turn it over to collections and if they can't collect from her they will probably come after you if your name is also on the account. At least that's what they would do here. You may need to get a lawyer and sue her to get the money back. Also, you better do some checking and find out what else she hasn't been paying like other bills and property taxes, etc.

jimCab
@rogers.com

jimCab to yyzlhr

Anon

to yyzlhr
Surprise surprise, the sales rep lied to me. They told me we would never be able to have Rogers at our address again. I actually just spoke to a customer service rep (trying to get my name removed from the delinquent account) who was more than happy to open a new account for me at the same street address.

Thanks for your help
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to ArizonaSteve

to ArizonaSteve
said by ArizonaSteve:

If they can't collect it from her then they will probably turn it over to collections and if they can't collect from her they will probably come after you if your name is also on the account. At least that's what they would do here. You may need to get a lawyer and sue her to get the money back. Also, you better do some checking and find out what else she hasn't been paying like other bills and property taxes, etc.

Authorized users cannot be financially liable for the account. Only the account holder can be held liable.

rogersmogers
@start.ca

rogersmogers to jimCab

Anon

to jimCab
said by jimCab :

Surprise surprise, the sales rep lied to me. They told me we would never be able to have Rogers at our address again. I actually just spoke to a customer service rep (trying to get my name removed from the delinquent account) who was more than happy to open a new account for me at the same street address.

Thanks for your help

Can you probe 100% it was a lie, if not don't say someone is lying.
rogersmogers

rogersmogers

Anon

said by rogersmogers :

said by jimCab :

Thanks for your help

Can you probe 100% it was a lie, if not don't say someone is lying.

probe = prove