All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
codex93
join:2011-10-13

codex93

[INTERNET] Lost connection in Milton

Suddenly lost connection at approximately 6pm this evening. Modem doesn't appear to be receiving a signal.

Waited on hold for about 20 minutes until I was able to speak with somebody at Start. He was friendly and polite but not much he could do. Ticket is now open pending investigation. Was told I may be back online in 24-48 hours... However, I figure that was just his guess.

A little bit frustrated at the moment. Second downtime in 2 weeks... And I have only been signed up for 3

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

Sorry to hear that, if you PM me your account # I'd be happy to take a quick peak at the ticket.
codex93
join:2011-10-13

codex93

Back online this evening. Very pleased that the issue was resolved quickly. As expected, I am told Cogeco 'accidentally' disconnected the line.

This was particularly frustrating as the *exact* same thing happened to me back in 2011 -- about 3 weeks after signing up with TekSavvy, in a Rogers region.

I was fully expecting this event to repeat itself, and it did. This time it was 3 weeks after signing up with Start, in a Cogeco region.

Very frustrating that the incumbents seem to make a habit of this error.

Anyway, thanks to the team at Start for the quick resolution and for the follow-up call earlier today to provide an update on my ticket.

Bonus points for Start: the tech support call was straightforward and without unnecessary checks and tests (which I had performed before calling). Tech support calls with TekSavvy weren't quite as efficient...

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

Glad you're back online and thanks for your feedback and patience.