uniqs
share rss forum feed

KPaul

join:2007-02-08
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed

Acanac - anyone have them?

I am looking for alternatives to TSI (they're a mess of late)

I have a friend telling me about these guys, and their 35/3 package is only $44 a month for unlimited, where Start is $60 for unlimited or $50 for 300gb.

Thoughts on their service or support?
--
Damn ATPIA...

Rogers = Sacks of bags of buckets of idiots

pctechguy

@cogeco.net
My dad has them in St Thomas....service is adequate but the support is horrendous....I was online for 2 hrs b4 someone answered the phone----after being hung up on 2 times

rednekcowboy

join:2012-03-21
kudos:1
reply to KPaul
I'm in the process of making the switch over to them for all of my services. They have been great so far, however I've been dealing with Paul himself so I can't comment on what it's like if you have to call into them.

Check out my review.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
reply to KPaul
As I mentioned before many times, my neighbour has had Acanac for going on 6 years. Never a problem, and the few times I mentioned switching she went pale as a ghost.
--
I've picked on Cogeco long enough. Who's next? Any volunteers?

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

4 edits
reply to KPaul

You also mentioned START.

Better choice IMNSHO, especially if you are considering cable.

I am pleased with START in Cogeco-Land after 16 months with them, and they have had short wait times when I have occasionally called in.

Though my next door neighbour has Acanac for DSL, and is a longtime happy customer of theirs.

Acanac's best rate is only if you pay for a whole year in advance, and you may not feel comfortable (or cannot budget) doing that, regardless of the provider's name or reputation.

Start and Acanac each have their own unique method of managing their network traffic during peak periods (evening), and you should also consider that, as well as whether or not streams like YouTube & NetFlix are OK in general thru each provider, by asking other users.

Acanac ONLY offers unlimited plans - not everyone NEEDS that, and sometimes those cost more.

START does not count uploads toward your monthly usage cap, and also has a free (not counted) download period from 2AM-8AM.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
said by Davesnothere:

You also mentioned START.

Better choice IMNSHO, especially if you are considering cable.

I agree, wholeheartedly.

Mike
--
I've picked on Cogeco long enough. Who's next? Any volunteers?

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to KPaul
I have a friend who uses them for 6/1 DSL unlimited with static IPs. He is a web developer and finds their service good value. I doubt he's had to call in much but I think the number of changes they're going through as well right now won't be an improvement over the mess at TSI at the moment.

Right now seems like a good time to sit tight when it comes with IISPs.

Samgee

join:2010-08-02
canada
reply to KPaul
No issues with their service and have been with them for years. Support is done through a ticketing system, which is an extension of how their requests to Rogers are done so it's not much of a decrease in the level service you will receive.

All TPIA providers are facing delays with Rogers at the moment, so no matter who you go with you should be prepared for a few weeks before getting set up. Once you are connected though it's the same product as all other providers, with the exception that they have the lowest price and provide a free VPN and online storage.

althoma1

join:2002-08-06
North York, ON
reply to KPaul
I had Acanac DSL for a few years with no issues and then switched to cable. The only issues I had with cable were caused by the firmware on my Motorola 6120 - once Rogers pushed new firmware to the modem things were smooth sailing after that.

I actually like the email ticketing system as I hate waiting on the phone to speak to someone in support anyway. I'd rather submit an online ticket and have someone get back to me via email. I've submitted a few tickets over the years and my issues have been resolved (profile change to 35/3 from 28/1, referral credits, and a start date adjustment) to my satisfaction. The last one (profile change) took longer than the stated 7 days, but that wasn't Acanac's fault; that was due to Rogers being behind on all requests.

shwatkin
Premium
join:2007-10-02
Bowmanville, ON
Reviews:
·Distributel Cable
Biggest issue with Acanac is they throttle the service speed during primetime hours to 14/1 from 35/3, less than half of the top speed you're paying for. If a lot of your usage will being during that 7 PM - 12AM time frame then you might be happier somewhere else.

Fergless
Premium
join:2008-04-19
Toronto, ON
Rate Limiting has never been used.

Samgee

join:2010-08-02
canada
reply to shwatkin
said by shwatkin:

Biggest issue with Acanac is they throttle the service speed during primetime hours to 14/1 from 35/3, less than half of the top speed you're paying for. If a lot of your usage will being during that 7 PM - 12AM time frame then you might be happier somewhere else.

Has never happened yet, they have this listed in their terms in case they need to do it to avoid congestion and ping issues. Better than some providers who over sell and then face service issues and don't provide a solution up front.

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada
the issues i mostly hear about is their customer service, or lack of i mean. so yeah they mite be a very good internet company ,but if u want customer service you gotta wait days to get something done, if this is important to you to have good customer service, then shop arround for a good company with good customer service with a real call centre not one who hires people from usa for low wages that answer calls from their home using their own computer
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!

AlexFolland

@distributel.net
I'm currently with Acanac's cable and I get 5-10-sec lag spikes every few hours, which really destroys me in online games. I know the problem is caused by something outside my home, since I've tested various configurations over more than a year, and completely replaced all my network equipment, and the same issue happens. I've opened a ticket with them about it, but they don't believe me and require me to do a ridiculous number of tests instead of just replacing the entire cable that comes into my home from the cable box, including tests I've already done for myself, or in a different way with the same resulting information.

Also, last summer, my connection was down for 27 days and getting it back was an absolute nightmare. It was the worst experience I've ever had with an ISP. I don't have a telephone since I rely on my internet connection for everything because it's >2010, so I had to sit in the sun at a payphone for several hours in a retarded queue, after which it just hung up on me. I did this 3 times (total 6 hours roasting in the sun waiting for someone) and eventually got to someone and they could barely help me. I forget how I even got them to fix it, but eventually they sent someone to replace the cabling in my home, but they didn't even replace the whole cable; just cut it off and connected some new cabling to some old cabling. That fixed the total inability to connect, but I still get those 5-10-sec lag spikes pretty often.

They said they would refund me for the downtime, but they never did, and talking to them again about it would require the same BS. Acanac's tech support is almost impossible to use.

I'm actually looking into switching ISPs today.

julienvf

join:2008-12-30
Verdun, QC
reply to KPaul
Been a happy customer since 2007. I have now their cable 30/10 package in Vidéotron land.

rednekcowboy

Reviews:
·Acanac
reply to AlexFolland
said by AlexFolland :

Also, last summer, my connection was down for 27 days and getting it back was an absolute nightmare.

Can you explain this a little more? Why was your connection down? You go into detail about the fight you had to get it back, but never say why it went down in the first place....

AlexFolland

@distributel.net
It went down seemingly spontaneously. The reason in the end was because the cabling that went from the box through the wall and into my home had degraded so far that it no longer transmitted signal properly.

After 27 days and that huge struggle, part of it was replaced to resolve the immediate issue, but I still experience issues, and I don't want to struggle again to get someone back to finally fix it.

AlexFolland

@distributel.net
reply to rednekcowboy
said by rednekcowboy:

said by AlexFolland :

Also, last summer, my connection was down for 27 days and getting it back was an absolute nightmare.

Can you explain this a little more? Why was your connection down? You go into detail about the fight you had to get it back, but never say why it went down in the first place....

See above for my reply to this. Also, I've now signed up for Start Communications, and am looking to cancel Acanac when I'm connected with Start. I hope Start has better tech support than Acanac. They definitely have a better plan for me (45 Mbps down, 10 Mbps up, unlimited usage). I can't stream with Acanac's wimpy 1Mbps up anyway, not to mention the frequent 10-sec lag spikes / disconnections.

Rickkins

join:2004-04-05
Mtl, Canada
reply to KPaul
There is also Electronicbox to consider....

rednekcowboy

Reviews:
·Acanac
reply to AlexFolland
said by AlexFolland:

said by rednekcowboy:

said by AlexFolland :

See above for my reply to this. Also, I've now signed up for Start Communications, and am looking to cancel Acanac when I'm connected with Start. I hope Start has better tech support than Acanac. They definitely have a better plan for me (45 Mbps down, 10 Mbps up, unlimited usage). I can't stream with Acanac's wimpy 1Mbps up anyway, not to mention the frequent 10-sec lag spikes / disconnections.

You do realize that it is all on the same backbone correct? Likely the connection you experienced with Acanac, you are likely to experience with Start as well.

Also, I don't know your postal, so I can't check where you are, but I believe the package with Start is 45/10 and costs $70/month. The plan you are on now with acanac should be 35/3, so I'm unsure as to where you are getting the 1 Mbps from and only costs $44. It is unfair to really compare the 2, kind of like comparing apples to oranges.

I'm not trying to talk you out of switching or put start down but I'm just trying to explain that the problems you speak of, you will have with any IISP as it's all using the same infrastructure. Now if you are switching from Cable to DSL, that is a different story Different technology and delivery. Even if you switched to Acanac DSL, you're likely to have a different experience as they come from a different source.

I'm also not trying to make excuses for Acanac, but you do realize that they have to go through whomever the incumbent is to resolve these types of issues, just like Start would or any other IISP, which is likely where the delay is in getting issues resolved.

As for the shoddy tech support Acanac provided, you are correct. This is something they need to resolve. Extremely long wait times when calling in is not acceptable, but again, is something all IISP's suffer from to varying degrees as they have to cut costs somewhere in order to provide service to you at a bargain price.

I'm telling you all this hopefully so you'll realize that switching to Start may not resolve your issues at all, if the issues lie on the incumbents side, they most definitely will not be resolved.

f7

join:2013-07-29
reply to KPaul
Acana, Distributel...Comwave..3web..cyberus, cia.....are the same company...as I recall....

AlexFolland

join:2012-06-06
Toronto, ON

1 edit
reply to rednekcowboy
said by rednekcowboy:

You do realize that it is all on the same backbone correct? Likely the connection you experienced with Acanac, you are likely to experience with Start as well.

Also, I don't know your postal, so I can't check where you are, but I believe the package with Start is 45/10 and costs $70/month. The plan you are on now with acanac should be 35/3, so I'm unsure as to where you are getting the 1 Mbps from and only costs $44. It is unfair to really compare the 2, kind of like comparing apples to oranges.

I'm not trying to talk you out of switching or put start down but I'm just trying to explain that the problems you speak of, you will have with any IISP as it's all using the same infrastructure. Now if you are switching from Cable to DSL, that is a different story Different technology and delivery. Even if you switched to Acanac DSL, you're likely to have a different experience as they come from a different source.

I'm also not trying to make excuses for Acanac, but you do realize that they have to go through whomever the incumbent is to resolve these types of issues, just like Start would or any other IISP, which is likely where the delay is in getting issues resolved.

As for the shoddy tech support Acanac provided, you are correct. This is something they need to resolve. Extremely long wait times when calling in is not acceptable, but again, is something all IISP's suffer from to varying degrees as they have to cut costs somewhere in order to provide service to you at a bargain price.

I'm telling you all this hopefully so you'll realize that switching to Start may not resolve your issues at all, if the issues lie on the incumbents side, they most definitely will not be resolved.

Yeah. I understand that they all use the same backbone network, at least close to my home. However, I actually am getting only 1Mbps upload with my plan, consistently. I guess they increased the plan's upload but didn't increase mine, without telling me, while I still pay full price, which would be another failure IMO.

I'm just hoping that Start's support is more helpful than Acanac's and I can actually resolve obvious issues that matter. Really, support can't get any worse than Acanac's to run a business. They do literally the bare minimum (lower, IMO). Acanac tends to sweep issues under the rug, in my experience, as long as they're getting my money. Well, no longer will they be getting my money.

I am okay with them having to work with the incumbent, as long as they actually DO work with the incumbent instead of just ignoring me and doing nothing.

Instead of a delay, it's simply a laziness to such an extreme that they eventually just forget my issues. For example, they never refunded the month during which I had 27 days of downtime after they said they would. They simply swept that whole idea under the rug and kept the money I paid them that month. Contacting them is so much of a burden that I'd rather spend $50 than deal with that huge pile of BS, which includes waiting outside at a payphone roasting in the sun for 6 hours to talk to them and possibly being rejected by low-level toadies because the issue is a year old and the promise to return my money was in a ticket (a ticket the CLOSED after they responded to me, by the way, as if it was resolved). I estimate my chance of actually getting my issue resolved is close to 0%. I could make a lot more money by spending that time buying some stuff and reselling it on ebay for slightly higher prices.

I'll pay the extra money to Start for the higher upload speed and (hopefully) better customer support. As it stands for me personally right now, I would be getting 10 times the upload speed, so I would actually be able to upload a video stream at a reasonable quality level, which is impossible with 1 Mbps. A little more downstream bandwidth wouldn't hurt either, so that's why I chose the plan I did.

Thank you for the warnings and thoughts. I live at M6E3Z2, by the way, in case you were curious.

rednekcowboy

Reviews:
·Acanac
said by AlexFolland:

said by rednekcowboy:

Yeah. I understand that they all use the same backbone network, at least close to my home. However, I actually am getting only 1Mbps upload with my plan, consistently. I guess they increased the plan's upload but didn't increase mine, without telling me, while I still pay full price, which would be another failure IMO.

I'm just hoping that Start's support is more helpful than Acanac's and I can actually resolve obvious issues that matter. Really, support can't get any worse than Acanac's to run a business. They do literally the bare minimum (lower, IMO). Acanac tends to sweep issues under the rug, in my experience, as long as they're getting my money. Well, no longer will they be getting my money.

I am okay with them having to work with the incumbent, as long as they actually DO work with the incumbent instead of just ignoring me and doing nothing.

Instead of a delay, it's simply a laziness to such an extreme that they eventually just forget my issues. For example, they never refunded the month during which I had 27 days of downtime after they said they would. They simply swept that whole idea under the rug and kept the money I paid them that month. Contacting them is so much of a burden that I'd rather spend $50 than deal with that huge pile of BS, which includes waiting outside at a payphone roasting in the sun for 6 hours to talk to them and possibly being rejected by low-level toadies because the issue is a year old and the promise to return my money was in a ticket (a ticket the CLOSED after they responded to me, by the way, as if it was resolved). I estimate my chance of actually getting my issue resolved is close to 0%. I could make a lot more money by spending that time buying some stuff and reselling it on ebay for slightly higher prices.

I'll pay the extra money to Start for the higher upload speed and (hopefully) better customer support. As it stands for me personally right now, I would be getting 10 times the upload speed, so I would actually be able to upload a video stream at a reasonable quality level, which is impossible with 1 Mbps. A little more downstream bandwidth wouldn't hurt either, so that's why I chose the plan I did.

Thank you for the warnings and thoughts. I live at M6E3Z2, by the way, in case you were curious.

No problem, just as long as you know that the network experience that you have with Acanac will continue with Start. Nothing will change in that regard.

As for your plan, it could be that your line is only capable of 1 Mbps (which is doubtful) or that they have you on a grandfathered plan that you would have to request to be moved from. Neither one of these is Acanac's fault, in fact the majority would rather stay on a grand-fathered plan as it usually is much cheaper. It would be your responsibility to request a different package.

As for working with the incumbents, you missed my point entirely. IISP's would love to work with the incumbents, however the incumbents--not so much. Delays, excuses and incompetence is the norm and while the IISP takes the brunt of it, the result is usually a direct cause of the incumbent themselves and not the IISP. This will not change with Start either.

Look, I know Acanac has it's faults and shortcomings and I also know Start has a great reputation. All I'm trying to say is don't expect any drastic changes simply because you moved from Acanac to Start. Quite simply put it's all Rogers cable. I'm simply trying to avoid you coming back in a couple of months saying the same things about Start. If you go in expecting a huge difference in performance and reliability of the network, you will be disappointed right from the get-go.

Just as an aside, did you ever try to contact Paul or Fergless on the boards here by PM to see if they could help you out at all?

AlexFolland

Toronto, ON
said by rednekcowboy:

said by AlexFolland:

said by rednekcowboy:

No problem, just as long as you know that the network experience that you have with Acanac will continue with Start. Nothing will change in that regard.

As for your plan, it could be that your line is only capable of 1 Mbps (which is doubtful) or that they have you on a grandfathered plan that you would have to request to be moved from. Neither one of these is Acanac's fault, in fact the majority would rather stay on a grand-fathered plan as it usually is much cheaper. It would be your responsibility to request a different package.

As for working with the incumbents, you missed my point entirely. IISP's would love to work with the incumbents, however the incumbents--not so much. Delays, excuses and incompetence is the norm and while the IISP takes the brunt of it, the result is usually a direct cause of the incumbent themselves and not the IISP. This will not change with Start either.

Look, I know Acanac has it's faults and shortcomings and I also know Start has a great reputation. All I'm trying to say is don't expect any drastic changes simply because you moved from Acanac to Start. Quite simply put it's all Rogers cable.

Just as an aside, did you ever try to contact Paul or Fergless on the boards here by PM to see if they could help you out at all?

I did contact Fergless. Yes. Fergless helped me at first when I complained about the shoddy network at my local node with random lag spikes every few seconds, making online gaming unplayable. This was near the beginning of my subscription. Fergless and I figured out that to work around the issue, I had to do a 60-second power cycle on my Huawei MT130U V100R001C01B071 HW Ver.A modem. This kept happening, with having to power cycle the modem every day to fix the horrible lag issues, until my connection died for 27 days and the piece of cable was replaced. After that, the latency issues happened much more rarely, and these days, the issue is a little different, with huge 5-to-10-second lag spikes, but more like every few hours than every few seconds.

Fergless helped me identify the problem and how to work around it, but I guess it was considered okay to have, since they never actually came out and fixed it. Over time, the network did start to get better though, admittedly. For a few months earlier this year, I was getting almost no disconnections. Then, in about July this year, I started getting disconnected every day and having to reset the modem to fix it, and noticed the same log entry in the modem log after every disconnection: "Unicast Ranging Received Abort Response". I posted about this recently on the Acanac forums for Fergless, but everyone seemed to ignore me. As someone who uses the internet for everything from business to hardcore gaming, I can get very impatient with major line quality issues, so I was writing paragraphs upon paragraphs detailing the issues I was experiencing in hopes that someone would care and try to help me.

I take a very human approach to things, which doesn't seem to work with Acanac. I describe a problem and explain that I would be willing to pay the necessary price to get it fixed, or to apply a possible fix. When my internet connection was down, I told them I would negotiate a price for them to send someone, ANYONE with some expertise, to my place to fix my connectivity issues, which were already confirmed to be issues with the ISP's equipment. They aren't interested in that sort of solution, and outright refused on the phone. I was willing to pay $200 plus transportation costs, or whatever was necessary. My internet connection directly correlates with my quality of life.

I didn't contact Fergless again in the end because Fergless had already taught me that their ticket system is the only thing that matters (as opposed to forums or waiting hours upon hours trying to contact them via payphone), yet whenever I tried to do something via the ticket system, nobody cared about my issues, and would sweep them under the rug, never to be dealt with.

rednekcowboy

Reviews:
·Acanac
said by AlexFolland:

I take a very human approach to things, which doesn't seem to work with Acanac. I describe a problem and explain that I would be willing to pay the necessary price to get it fixed, or to apply a possible fix. When my internet connection was down, I told them I would negotiate a price for them to send someone, ANYONE with some expertise, to my place to fix my connectivity issues, which were already confirmed to be issues with the ISP's equipment. They aren't interested in that sort of solution, and outright refused on the phone. I was willing to pay $200 plus transportation costs, or whatever was necessary. My internet connection directly correlates with my quality of life.

But you see, this isn't up to Acanac. That's what I'm trying to explain to you. This is going to be the same with ANY IISP you go with. This part is completely out of their hands altogether and totally up to the Incumbent. They don't have a magic wand to force Rogers to send someone out and they aren't permitted to hire their own techs to go out. The only thing they are allowed to do is to submit a ticket to the Incumbent.

If this is something that you don't want to deal with, your only resolution is to go directly to the incumbent for service and deal directly with them.

AlexFolland

Toronto, ON
said by rednekcowboy:

said by AlexFolland:

But you see, this isn't up to Acanac. That's what I'm trying to explain to you. This is going to be the same with ANY IISP you go with. This part is completely out of their hands altogether and totally up to the Incumbent. They don't have a magic wand to force Rogers to send someone out and they aren't permitted to hire their own techs to go out. The only thing they are allowed to do is to submit a ticket to the Incumbent.

If this is something that you don't want to deal with, your only resolution is to go directly to the incumbent for service and deal directly with them.

Yeah, not being allowed to go fix their own stuff is inhuman, IMO. If I was working there, I'd be like, "Our service isn't working! Yikes! I'd better just break these rules that are stupid anyway and go fix it so he doesn't cancel and all the other people on the node have good experiences too." To me, human interaction for business is far more important than unenforcible, useless rules. Who's gonna know they sent someone of their own to fix it anyway other than me and them? Also, what's the big deal with them fixing it? Does Rogers not want their network to be good?

rednekcowboy

Reviews:
·Acanac
said by AlexFolland:

said by rednekcowboy:

said by AlexFolland:

Yeah, not being allowed to go fix their own stuff is inhuman, IMO. If I was working there, I'd be like, "Our service isn't working! Yikes! I'd better just break these rules that are stupid anyway and go fix it so he doesn't cancel and all the other people on the node have good experiences too." To me, human interaction for business is far more important than unenforcible, useless rules. Who's gonna know they sent someone of their own to fix it anyway other than me and them? Also, what's the big deal with them fixing it? Does Rogers not want their network to be good?

Well hopefully you won't have any issues with Start so we don't have another one of these threads in a couple of months.....

All IISP's are governed by the same set of rules and must adhere to these rules in order to stay in business. They are not unreasonable by following these rules, but you sir, are most definitely being unreasonable for suggesting that they should break these rules just so that they can fix your issues.

Like I said, you always have the option to go back to the incumbent if you don't like playing by the rules. By going with an IISP you have to realize that while you are getting a much better deal, they still have to deal with the incumbent just like you had to prior to switching. Plus it's worse for the IISP because the incumbent feels that the IISP is stealing profits and customers from them so the incumbent makes it as difficult as they possibly can for not only the IISP but also the IISP's customers.

AlexFolland

Toronto, ON
They're not stealing profits or customers. They have exclusive rights to monopolize the infrastructure, so even if you want to switch to another ISP, that other ISP isn't allowed to build their own infrastructure to accommodate your area, even if they would otherwise want to use the resources to do so. IISPs' business is so restricted that it's unreasonable for Rogers or Bell to be concerned that they can't get all the customers from all their infrastructure.

All this is just from my perspective. If it's uninformed, well, it's after what I would consider far more than the average customer's reading and experience, so it would mean the truth is excessively convoluted or hidden.

Speaking of which, why can't Acanac, for example, help fix Rogers' network if a customer has a problem? I realize there's a rule, but why/when/where was it decided? Also, what would be the consequences if Acanac, for example, broke this rule? You've seen that I consider the rule stupid due to my own possibly ignorant perspective, but I am positively curious about the reasons behind it and am willing to learn about it so I can understand better, so I can participate in discussions like this without such confusion.

rednekcowboy

Reviews:
·Acanac
said by AlexFolland:

Speaking of which, why can't Acanac, for example, help fix Rogers' network if a customer has a problem? I realize there's a rule, but why/when/where was it decided? Also, what would be the consequences if Acanac, for example, broke this rule? You've seen that I consider the rule stupid due to my own possibly ignorant perspective, but I am positively curious about the reasons behind it and am willing to learn about it so I can understand better, so I can participate in discussions like this without such confusion.

Because it's Roger's network, not Acanac's. Just like Trans-Canada Pipelines doesn't let a reseller of their infrastructure repair it. Only someone certified by Trans Canada is allowed to work on their pipelines. Likewise, only someone certified by Rogers is allowed to work on their network.

As for the consequences, well the opportunity to be a reseller of an incumbent could be a very real one and probably an immediate one as well. This would be a major violation. Fines, etc are others, maybe some other sort of disciplinary actions.

Someone more experienced could probably answer better than I. However, AGAIN, this is not just an Acanac thing, it's an IISP thing. Every IISP. Start, Acanac, Distributel, Teksavvy, ElectronicBox, CIKTel, etc, etc, etc, all play by the same rules and all, more or less, operate in the same fashion. This is the price you pay for getting such a great deal versus being gouged by the Incumbents....

AlexFolland

Toronto, ON
said by rednekcowboy:

However, AGAIN, this is not just an Acanac thing, it's an IISP thing. Every IISP. Start, Acanac, Distributel, Teksavvy, ElectronicBox, CIKTel, etc, etc, etc, all play by the same rules and all, more or less, operate in the same fashion. This is the price you pay for getting such a great deal versus being gouged by the Incumbents....

I did already understand that, hence "for example".

Anyway, thanks for the effort you've put in, responding and explaining things.

I suppose, then, with risks like that, the risk for them being found out is not worth the reward of a single or few happy customer(s). I understand now.

It's still a sad state of affairs that they can't just call on incumbent technicians more easily.