join:2002-05-09
Hinsdale, IL
kudos:10
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·AT&T U-Verse
·Comcast

1 edit

U-Verse 45Mbps Tier Users NEEDED for speedtests...

I am hosting a AT&T U-Verse 45 Meg Tier "SPEEDWAVE" on speedtest.net and basically it is a link you click on to test your speed. The results of the people who used the SPEEDWAVE link are grouped together and stats/graphs are given based on those speed tests taken within the SPEEDWAVE.
The SPEEDWAVE is for U-Verse 45Mbps tier users only PLEASE! If you use a different ISP or lower speed tier it will distort the results.
The link is here:
»www.speedtest.net/wave/462d0259b7980a35
ANYONE can click the link and view the stats of the tests performed.
--
Bill - Hinsdale, IL - »www.billhamel.net

jelg2000

join:2013-08-29
Nice Work, though you might want to weed out some of the results from non Uverse testers

jelg2000

join:2013-08-29
reply to whamel
Nice Work, though you might want to weed out some of the results from non Uverse testers

whamel
billhamel .net
Premium
Hinsdale, IL
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·AT&T U-Verse
·Comcast
said by jelg2000:

That's impossible, there is no way to allow only host names from lightspeed.sbcglobal.net
--

JerryC0
Premium
join:2009-09-21
Collierville, TN
reply to whamel
Click for full size
Speedtest.net doesn't give me the best results. Typically ~30mb/s on the download.
Also FF is slower than IE, found that out yesterday doing speed tests.
Here's a test from VZ server.

whamel
billhamel .net
Premium
Hinsdale, IL
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·AT&T U-Verse
·Comcast
NICE...I noticed the same thing about speedtest.net. I use »speedtest.comcast.net/
to do my speedtest, b/c theres a node t test from here in Chicago. Plus speedtest.net refers me anyway to Comcast servers when soing the test. I cut out the middleman as well. But the SPEEDWAVE was intended to just average out what people are getting, and the only way to gorup such results.
--

nephipower

join:2012-02-20
San Antonio, TX
I am surprised to see that with the new Power 46 mbit package that users are actually able to get the full 46 mbits.

When i used to have uverse 24 mbit package i would never get close to 24 mbits. it was usually around 21-22 mbits.

whamel
billhamel .net
Premium
Hinsdale, IL
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·AT&T U-Verse
·Comcast
said by nephipower:

I am surprised to see that with the new Power 46 mbit package that users are actually able to get the full 46 mbits.
When i used to have uverse 24 mbit package i would never get close to 24 mbits. it was usually around 21-22 mbits.

Opposite for me, I i had the 24/3Mbps Max Turbo tier, and got the full speeds. I am too getting the fulll speeds for my new Power tier install. I am fortunate.
--

JerryC0
Premium
Collierville, TN
reply to nephipower
said by nephipower:

Mine was the same way on 24/3.

My son was downloading a game from Steam this morning and Steam said it peaked at 5.1MB/s and running steady at 4.7-4.9

whamel
billhamel .net
Premium
Hinsdale, IL
U using the native IPv6?

JerryC0
Premium
Collierville, TN
said by whamel:

U using the native IPv6?

Didn't check, I saw that it's enabled in the RG. My assumption is it is using v4 for everything as I didn't enter a v6 address.

TestBoy
Premium
join:2009-10-13
Irmo, SC
kudos:1
Reviews:
·tw telecom
reply to whamel
Getting this: (with what I guess is the wrong hardware at the moment)
»www.speedtest.net/result/2934538467.png

I have never broken 3 upstream.
It always caps at 3-3.05... never higher.

Paralel

join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US
kudos:4
The terms for the Power plan say you can get up to 6, but minimum service guarantee is 3, so, unfortunately, you fall within tolerance for that tier of service.

TestBoy
Premium
Irmo, SC
Reviews:
·tw telecom

1 edit
Click for full size
said by Paralel:

The terms for the Power plan say you can get up to 6, but minimum service guarantee is 3, so, unfortunately, you fall within tolerance for that tier of service.

Appears to have been an iNID thing... the Moto gateway is > 5.5 so no complaints.

Edit:
Tried the Verizon speed test and got higher results myself.
Not sure what that's about... so here it is.

whamel
billhamel .net
Premium
Hinsdale, IL
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·AT&T U-Verse
·Comcast
I get same speeds either at Comcast or Verizon speedtest.
--

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:2
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to whamel

rolande
Certifiable
Premium,Mod
join:2002-05-24
Dallas, TX
kudos:6
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·ViaTalk
reply to whamel
I love the douches from Comcast and Verizon that just had to post their speedtest in there. I'm dying for AT&T to release the Power tier in the Southwest, DFW in particular. I can't believe we ended up last on the list. I kept hearing it would likely be released first in the DFW market. So much for that false hope. Where's Metatron2008 See Profile, when you need him to provide an obscene dose of reality?
--
Scott, CCIE #14618 Routing & Switching
»rolande.wordpress.com/

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
Cleveland, OH

1 recommendation

Please, don't bring the troll in here.

dopplertrix

@sbcglobal.net
reply to trparky
The ping times seem to be really good for some people with this tier?

I'd like to see some results from »www.pingtest.net/ as well. Really tempting to get this upgrade instead of going with W.O.W. Both sides have so many negative things to say. Having a ~6 Mbps upload would be nice...

TestBoy
Premium
Irmo, SC
Reviews:
·tw telecom
said by dopplertrix :

I'd like to see some results from »www.pingtest.net/ as well. Really tempting to get this upgrade instead of going with W.O.W. Both sides have so many negative things to say. Having a ~6 Mbps upload would be nice...

Your wish is my command....
»www.pingtest.net/result/85925809.png

rolande
Certifiable
Premium,Mod
join:2002-05-24
Dallas, TX
kudos:6
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·ViaTalk
reply to dopplertrix
said by dopplertrix :

Really good compared to what? With two separate physical VDSL connections, large data transfers should serialize out the interfaces in half the time of a single VDSL interface. But that is only relevant for large data packets with respect to the latency of the local loop. It should not really impact small ICMP ping packets. Regardless at 24-45Meg the serialization delay becomes quite negligible with respect to the overall end to end latency.

Whenever they decide to release the Power tier in DFW, I can do a before and after comparison to a few high profile sites. I highly doubt there will be a statistically significant difference. In fact, I would expect it to be darn near identical for the same L3 path.
--
Scott, CCIE #14618 Routing & Switching
»rolande.wordpress.com/

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
Cleveland, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
Click for full size
Real World Download Speed
And for shits and giggles, I decided to download a big file for a real world test.

Edit: And while downloading said "big file," I browsed the web at the same time. The sluggish behavior of the connection that I had with the 3801 while downloading wasn't present. It seems that this new NVG589 gateway is more capable of handling high throughput data transfers without wanting to keel over and die.
--
Tom
Tom's Tech Blog

Paralel

join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US
kudos:4
said by trparky:

...Edit: And while downloading said "big file," I browsed the web at the same time. The sluggish behavior of the connection that I had with the 3801 while downloading wasn't present. It seems that this new NVG589 gateway is more capable of handling high throughput data transfers without wanting to keel over and die.

That has also been my experience. Its multitasking capabilities are excellent.