Orbis non sufficit
Mod
join:2001-07-05
Jackson, MI

Revcb to justin

Mod

to justin

Re: New 'toolbar' here at dslr !

The mini bar still scrolls down as you do with no UA. The sidebar (your forums, members, your account, etc.) no longer scrolls down with the page with no UA. Disabling it if you see "Android" would probably be a good idea. At least, I personally would rather have to scroll back up than have the column sail over and jumble everything up. As it stands, using no UA works just fine for me...

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
join:1999-05-28
Billion BiPAC 7800N
Apple AirPort Extreme (2011)

justin

Mod

I've made an adjustment that works ok in my ipad emulator, if you pinch to zoom or do any other kind of zoom then the (top) bar un-fixes itself but if you go back to 1:1 size, it re-fixes itself.

I can't test if it is working on android, when you get a chance see if that addresses the problem.

Revcb
Orbis non sufficit
Mod
Jackson, MI

Revcb

Mod

Yup. It does as you describe when I use Android or iPad UA. No UA works as it did before... mini bar scrolls with screen even on 1:1. Desktop UA still sails.

justin
..needs sleep
Mod

justin

Mod

so the conclusion is that if you leave the UA alone, it is working acceptably?

Revcb
Orbis non sufficit
Mod
Jackson, MI

Revcb

Mod

Yes. As long as I'm not on desktop UA, it works great now. Thanks for working that out.

justin
..needs sleep
Mod

justin

Mod

when you say desktop UA
do you mean user agent switching, or do you mean switching to desktop mode in the footer?

Revcb
Orbis non sufficit
Mod
Jackson, MI

Revcb

Mod

UA switching.

Oregonian
Premium Member
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR

Oregonian to justin

Premium Member

to justin

Re:  

said by justin:

one thing that I always forget it has, is the green + next to the spanner.

if you're on a page you go to frequently, where it shows green, click it, and decide what icon you want for the page by using the popup. If it is a red +, then that URL is already there.

Thank you for posting that. I always wondered what that green + was for and never bothered to click it. Sweet!
Oregonian

Oregonian to LadyL

Premium Member

to LadyL

Re: New 'toolbar' here at dslr !

Could I suggest adding some text to the Minibar Configuration tab that says to remove a minibar icon, unselect the checkmark next to it and click "Save"? Took me awhile to figure that out (or am I the only one?). Thanks.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

1 edit

1 recommendation

Davesnothere

Premium Member

I too was unaware of that function.

That is not the only way though.

If you navigate to the page of an icon, the green (+) Minibar icon becomes a red (-) and you can use it to delete the page at that point.

BTW, I only discovered this since the site makeover began, when I started to actually USE my Minibar.

They are prob'ly both explained in a FAQ which I didn't read.

Oregonian
Premium Member
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR

Oregonian

Premium Member

said by Davesnothere:

If you navigate to the page of an icon, the green (+) Minibar icon becomes a red (-) and you can use it to delete the page at that point.

I did not know that. Thanks.
said by Davesnothere:

BTW, I only discovered this since the site makeover began, when I started to actually USE my Minibar.

Yes, I find that I may now start using the Minibar more now, too.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

1 edit

1 recommendation

Davesnothere

Premium Member

I have added 6 icons to mine, effectively doubling its quantity, including one which goes DIRECTLY to the page which you screenshot earlier.

Also :

One for the posts tracker (unread followed threads' posts)
One for choosing horizontal vs vertical site navigation
One for the DSLR avatars page
One for the DSLR extra emoticons page
One for a forum post where it is explained how to add/remove entries which are for ad-hoc forums, in your fave forums