Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

JohnInSJ to bighappyneil

Premium Member

to bighappyneil

Re: [Rant] Comcast Usage Caps

said by bighappyneil:

I don't doubt you or my Comcast salesman but past experience has showed me to be a little careful when it comes to corporations not following their own rules and/or mistakenly classifying accounts incorrectly.

Business class is not just a bit on your "xfinity" account. You have an account in an entirely different system, not called xfinity. That's why I wonder if you've had a residential account before. There IS not a bandwidth meter anywhere on the comcast business site. Can you post a link, or a screenshot of your bandwidth meter?
bighappyneil
join:2000-07-27
Knoxville, TN

bighappyneil

I (my business) hasn't had an account with Comcast before. This is a new business account with Comcast. I have Uverse at home. The email address where this notice was received was the master account created when we signed up with Comcast one-half year ago.

As I posted earlier I wasn't able to get a usage meter to show up on my account. So I understand the point you are making regarding the lack of a usage meter. Still, the receipt of an email stating that I (my business) is under a data cap plan is disconcerting to me. The lack of a usage meter doesn't necessarily mean (to me) that my account isn't under this 300GB usage cap.

The email's subject line was:
"Introducing Your New Data Usage Plan."

Further down in the email it stated:
"Based upon your recent usage history, it appears this new data plan will have no impact upon you, and you won't need to do anything, or change your Internet usage."

Why would Comcast care about my usage if my business account didn't fall under this plan? The fact my account was a business account should have flagged the system to not even send the email as I have a business account.

As I recall after I set up my Comcast business account I later signed in using "xfinity connect" and created an account there. I wonder if my email address was placed in the xfinity database and a general email was sent out to every xfinity user in that particular database who was in my geographic area regarding the data cap.

I am a little confused here just want to verify there are no data caps on my business account.

JohnInSJ
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

JohnInSJ

Premium Member

said by bighappyneil:

I am a little confused here just want to verify there are no data caps on my business account.

When in doubt review your contract since that is the legal document outlining what you agreed to.