how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

redrain85

join:2002-06-27
Canada
reply to Webslingerac

Re: [Cable] Speedboost dead after Comstock migration?

Are you guys trying speed test sites other than Speedtest.net? Because I observed that on Speedtest.net, speed boost appeared to be gone ... when in fact it wasn't, going by other speed tests.

»Re: [Cable] Does Teksavvy no longer provide Speedboost?

I seriously wonder if Speedtest.net is clamping speed boost now, to get a more accurate result that isn't skewed like it used to be.

falkon21

join:2004-02-27

I've tried speedtest.net, speedof.me, various ISP speed test sites and different direct download sites. It never goes over 25mbps down for me.

cable4me

@teksavvy.com
reply to redrain85

I had the theory that Speedtest might download a bigger chunk of data and discarded the first few blocks to filter out speedboost, but that wasn't the case. I looked at the Tomato real time bandwidth graph while I used Speedtest.net, my download speed is a flat line at 25Mbps and there was no initial speedboost.

Redviper

join:2010-03-22
Scarborough, ON
reply to Webslingerac

It definitely appears to be gone.

monsoon66

join:2007-01-13
Toronto, ON
reply to Webslingerac

Has anyone on Comstock received their profile upgrade yet?

I am afraid to power cycle my modem since those issues from last week.

Clark_Kent

join:2003-01-11
canada
reply to Webslingerac

Speedboost is dead here in Ottawa after the big problems they been having the last couple days.
Cable 35 and use to get up to 50 and now down to up 25 and not more.

KoroshiyaX

join:2008-08-01
Mississauga, ON
kudos:1
reply to Webslingerac

Speedboost dead in Wolfdale after I upgraded my SB6120 to a DMC476. Not that I mind... going to 150/10 profile soon.

sakraycore

join:2008-01-08
Scarborough, ON

1 edit
reply to Webslingerac

I guess Rogers turned off speedboost for Teksavvy customers.

BrianON

join:2011-09-30
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

Speedboost is past its prime anyway. It worked well in the era of DOCSIS2 modems and fewer connected devices. Now I think it actually makes things worse for anything that tries to adapt to connection speed by making it fast then slowing down after 10-50MB (depends on cable package).

I notice no Speedboost in Ottawa as well, using a SB5100 on the 6MBs/256KBs package.

metalhawk

join:2007-02-06
Nepean, ON
reply to Webslingerac

As of a few days ago, I no longer see speedboost either. What I do notice is that my speed graph is a lot more stable than it used to be. In the speedboost days, I would get a couple of valleys where the speed test just seemed to die for a couple of seconds before seeming to get a second speedboost (and sometimes a third). Now it's one flat-topped graph.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13

I am still getting speedboost. Limited, but still there!