uniqs
share rss forum feed

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
reply to Webslingerac

Re: [Cable] (McNicoll) speedboost dead/Comstock migration?

I don't mean to be flippant but my reaction is "And your problem is?" I presume your provisioned speed is 45 ?

Webslingerac

join:2004-05-01
canada

1 edit
said by sbrook:

I don't mean to be flippant but my reaction is "And your problem is?

Speedboost appears to be dead with Teksavvy around the former McNicoll POI area at least.

quote:
I presume your provisioned speed is 45 ?

I stated as much in the OP. That has nothing to do with speedboost being gone.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

1 recommendation

reply to sbrook
said by sbrook:

I don't mean to be flippant but my reaction is "And your problem is?" I presume your provisioned speed is 45 ?

Hehe, given the massive problems others are having, the OP should be happier than a woodpecker in a lumber yard!
--

Webslingerac

canada
Wow, so people shouldn't point out potential issues or note that speedboost appears to be gone?

I guess we should just hold hands and write adoring posts about our ISP.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
said by Webslingerac:

Wow, so people shouldn't point out potential issues or note that speedboost appears to be gone?

I guess we should just hold hands and write adoring posts about our ISP.

Nah, not saying that...

But speaking of speedboost and TPIA's... Is it written anywhere in the tariffs or other documentation that TPIA's are supposed to receive it? Or is it simply a byproduct of what Rogers customers get, and maybe now Rogers found a way to filter it from TPIA's, and perhaps is slowly changing that across their network?
--

Webslingerac

canada
said by HiVolt:

maybe now Rogers found a way to filter it from TPIA's, and perhaps is slowly changing that across their network?

I believe I, at least, am being filtered.

I have no clue about your other questions; I am sure if Rogers doesn't have to provide speedboost, they will find a way not to in order to distinguish their service as being better.

ToniCipriani

join:2001-12-21
Scarborough, ON
reply to Webslingerac
said by Webslingerac:

Speedboost appears to be dead with Teksavvy around the former McNicoll POI area at least.

+1

Ever since the DHCP outage yesterday, my speedboost seem to be gone as well. Used to shoot up to 32Mbps on start of SpeedTest, now it stops at around 16-18Mbps, which I have a 18/0.5 line.

Also another thing is SpeedTest.net thinks I'm in Winnipeg.